Hi from Perth

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRoss

Reaction score
Hi I'm Ross from Perth in (occasionally) sunny Scotland. I've been riding for 9 years now and currently have a 2013 Fireblade which I've had from new,my first litre bike.
Anyway,I think it's time for a change and the S1000RR Sport is the only bike that's ticking all the boxes for me. Not had a test ride yet as the weathers been rubbish,but been in at the dealers to discuss figures and gonna sell the Blade privately as the part-ex value is a bit low.
Got some planned runs coming up and a weekend in Applecross,so might be a few months before mine goes up for sale.
Great forum,loads of useful info,look forward to being a part of it when I get my new bike.

Welcome to the forum Ross, the S1K's a brilliant choice you'll have no regrets, as for the weather you need to move South, always dry and sunny down here :joyous:

Welcome Ross, the weather in Inverness is glorious every weekend.
Hope you get the RR soon as it's a great bike.

Hi Ross, welcome to the forum and I hope you get your test ride soon. I hear the weather is due to improve next week:).

Hi Ross. Welcome to the gang. Im in Dumbarton..quite a few Scots on here so your in great company ! I had an RR2 for 5 years and an RR9 for 3 years, both blades were superb but very different animals. You wont regret stepping onto the BM platform mate. Tho I have to say the 08 onward Blades are sublime bikes, so its quite a statement to suggest the thourr is a step up.. get buying and enjoy.. PS: I'd never even sat on one till the one I bought was delivered to my house...didn't need to, I just knew it was right for me.

Last edited:
Hi Ross, welcome mate , good luck with your search whatever model you get you won't be disappointed, Applecross is a great run , done Paisley to Applecross and back in one day , was crippled after it , a weekend sounds like a much better way.

David

Welcome to the forum Ross, the S1K's a brilliant choice you'll have no regrets, as for the weather you need to move South, always dry and sunny down here :joyous:

You'll only need to go as far south as Wndygates Ross, it'll save you getting your jags to cross the border. Lol

Welcome to the site, loads of great guys and girls on here.

JimmyMac

Hi Ross welcome .. I'm from Dundee so not far away. Get an s1000 you won't regret it.

Greetings Ross. Don't worry about test riding. I didn't test ride or sit on one until I bought it.
Sounds like you don't need to either and know it's the bike to have.
I'm in Scotland too, Motherwell.

Thanks for the welcome folks. Got a test ride booked for tomorrow,looking forward to it:fat:

Hope the weather is ok for you're test buddy. Let's know how it went.

Welcome to the Forum Ross...I jumped recently jumped ship from a '97 Blade and loving it....even though I am still restricted to 8k RPM and 125mph on a private road ;-)

Fate didn't smile on me today,had one of the kids off school so had to cancel test ride. That said I bought my Fireblade and 600RR before that without test riding them and didn't regret either.
Will get a test ride sooner or later,hopefully with a pocket full of money after selling the 'blade.

Hi Ross

After test driving the new Fireblade SP last Monday i took the BMW out Tuesday morning and couldn't put the deposit down quick enough with the sales man when i got back 2.5hrs later and ive been a Honda man through & through for years!!!! Great Bike to ride with a massive grin on your face all the time.

Well,still haven't got round to a test ride yet but have managed to put an order in:biggrin-new:
Bikes just arrived at the dealers,it's a Sport model with performance pack in Racing Red/White. It's ready to pick up as soon as I can strip all the mods off my blade to trade in. Only stuff i'll be getting right away is a few R&G bits,Evotech rad and oil cooler guards and hepco and becker luggage plate.
Once I've sold some of the blade parts i'll be looking to make a few mods,happy days:joyous:

One more sleep,getting delivered tomorrow,can't wait. Ventureshield kit should arrive and I can start to get that fitted. Rad guard and stompgrips out of stock but hopefully back in soon.

Won't be long in dragging in Mate. Just got my first service done yesterday, derestriction takes it to another level again. I moved form a 2012 blade, loved the blade but you definatley wont regret it. I never had a test ride and hadn't even sat on one before it was delivered. Where did you buy the Venturesheild, you fitting it yourself?

Last edited:
Got the Ventureshield from BodyguardUK. The shape of the BMW panels should make it easier to fit than the blade,it had too many curves. Gonna take my time,couple bits every day,back on nightshift after tomorrow anyway so won't get a chance to ride it for a week ☹️

Back