Hi from Oxfordshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelvin46

Reaction score
Hi.

My names Kelvin and I've just brought a 2015 S1000RR track bike and discovered this forum while searching for information about all of the electronics on the bike.
I'm upgrading from a GSXR 1000 K4 which is pretty basic in comparison. Just get on and ride it but now I've got to try and understand all the options of the traction control and electronic suspension. What have I let myself in for!
I'm looking forward to a track day at Donington park next Wednesday 3rd August and got my fingers crossed it stays dry. I could do with a full day to try and get my head round all of it.

How many of you use yours just as a track bike?
How do you get on with the ddc?

I'm from Abingdon Oxfordshire so probably do most trackdays at Silverstone but enjoy Donington and Snetterton too.

Nice to meet you all, maybe see some you on track.
Regards
Kelvin.

Hi kelvin, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike:).

I spent a lot of school years in Abingdon and Oxford. A lot of nights in the horse and jockey, although last time I went past it looked to be closed?

Hi,
yeah the horse and jockey was turned in to housing quite a while ago. We used to drink in there underage. All a bit different nowadays. Don't think the kids wil have half as much fun.

Hi.

My names Kelvin and I've just brought a 2015 S1000RR track bike and discovered this forum while searching for information about all of the electronics on the bike.
I'm upgrading from a GSXR 1000 K4 which is pretty basic in comparison. Just get on and ride it but now I've got to try and understand all the options of the traction control and electronic suspension. What have I let myself in for!
I'm looking forward to a track day at Donington park next Wednesday 3rd August and got my fingers crossed it stays dry. I could do with a full day to try and get my head round all of it.

How many of you use yours just as a track bike?
How do you get on with the ddc?

I'm from Abingdon Oxfordshire so probably do most trackdays at Silverstone but enjoy Donington and Snetterton too.

Nice to meet you all, maybe see some you on track.
Regards
Kelvin.
Welcome on board Kelvin, look out for Jay on this forum, he seems to be a knowledgeable S1Tho user. I traded my K5 GRXR1000, I loved it, but my 2015 S1 is light years ahead.
Ian

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I really enjoyed riding my k4. Especially when overtaking newer bikes. I've been told that I'll miss the midrange and have to learn to keep the revs up.

Thank you. I really enjoyed riding my k4. Especially when overtaking newer bikes. I've been told that I'll miss the midrange and have to learn to keep the revs up.
Hi, quite true, I seem to live in 3rd and 4th, it's easy to get used to though. You'll get decent engine braking, something I've found useful. (I really must learn to use the brakes more!) I've never been to a track day, Jay tells me it's a must.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Kelvin and congratulations on your new SThou!

Enjoy the forum, and I am sure you'll be throughly impressed with your RR!
My only recommendation would be to take the time to explore the User Mode so that you can set "your" preference of throttle, wheelie control, DDC (suspension) etc.

Oli

Hi Kelvin, great choice of track bike, I'm sure you will enjoy her and be faster on it once you have her dialled in.

I have only been in Abingdon once when I was a teenaged Apprentice in the RAF to work at the air show in 1988, I remember watching the fighter jets practicing on the Friday night with my mates and a Phantom crashed right in front of us killing the two guys in it. I'll never forget the noise.

Not sure if the airfield is there anymore, might be housing like Soofys pub?

Anyway, welcome to the site neebor I'm not always a miserable git, lol.

JimmyMac

Thank you all for the warm welcome and advice.
Jimmy we still have the airfield but it's now dalton barracks army base and there's been talk of closing and turning the area into housing. I think it depends on any defence cuts.
I remember standing at the end of the runway with the Vulcan landing overhead during one of the air shows. So loud.

Latest posts

Back