Hi from Bike magazine, and anyone care to chat about their bike?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Docta13 link=topic=506.msg4884#msg4884 date=1330273711 said:
How funny a writer from a magazine puts on a post then everyone becomes a biking coloumist! I've never seen replies so long.

I reckon there trying to impress. Lol ;)

Me likey bike. Bike go fast. bike go loud. That make me :D

How funny a writer from a magazine puts on a post then everyone becomes a biking coloumist! I've never seen replies so long.

Ahhh, but I used to be a bike columnist! So ner! :p

(Okay, so it was the push bike kind but hey, it counts?!) ;)

Hanna link=topic=506.msg4888#msg4888 date=1330275297 said:

Ahhh, but I used to be a bike columnist! So ner! :p

Really?? I'm a cyclist too. Maybe we should a sub section for 2 wheels without an engine? Lol

(Okay, so it was the push bike kind but hey, it counts?!) ;)

Yep... used to compete on the track and road but now just do mountain-biking as I had had enough of near misses and one not so near-miss whilst training on the road.

Yeah, but I don't read that mag :eek: .

SimonH link=topic=506.msg4782#msg4782 date=1330104757 said:
Hi, my name is Simon H and I write for Bike magazine. A thousand apologies for gatecrashing your forum with a request from 'old-school' print media (and before you say it, this IS research!)... but I asked permission and blame Turtle because he said it was okay!...

Firstly, congratulations on purchasing the finest motorcycle of the last 5 years (well, the K1300S runs it close...)... good choice.

I'm writing a piece on the 2012 S1000RR and I want to get some background on what the bike has meant in the two years since it was launched.

Before I ask the question, would you indulge me giving some context; stop me if I'm boring you! [unsubscribe] :)
Buttering up does not do it for me ;) K1300S might run close for you matey and it is your opinion but, hang on a minute I wont go any further you have me Bored ;D (well, bored enough to post this) ;D ;D

For Bike mag fans out there, who's this dodgy looking Geezer?

064-M.jpg

Saw this bike at the NEC show and fell in love the instant I saw it. Sat on it and straight away I knew 'this is right' along with the styling and size suited me well. Bought mine July 2010 and have never looked back since. Didn't buy the bike for all the gadgets but in the event I do get things wrong who knows it may be this electronic trickery that could save my life. For me this machine does everything it says on the can!!!!!!!

phil link=topic=506.msg4917#msg4917 date=1330332291 said:
SimonH link=topic=506.msg4782#msg4782 date=1330104757 said:
Hi, my name is Simon H and I write for Bike magazine. A thousand apologies for gatecrashing your forum with a request from 'old-school' print media (and before you say it, this IS research!)... but I asked permission and blame Turtle because he said it was okay!...

Firstly, congratulations on purchasing the finest motorcycle of the last 5 years (well, the K1300S runs it close...)... good choice.

I'm writing a piece on the 2012 S1000RR and I want to get some background on what the bike has meant in the two years since it was launched.

Before I ask the question, would you indulge me giving some context; stop me if I'm boring you! [unsubscribe] :)
Buttering up does not do it for me ;) K1300S might run close for you matey and it is your opinion but, hang on a minute I wont go any further you have me Bored ;D (well, bored enough to post this) ;D ;D

064-M.jpg

Tim Thompson do I get a prize?

unionjack link=topic=506.msg4925#msg4925 date=1330369190 said:
phil link=topic=506.msg4917#msg4917 date=1330332291 said:

064-M.jpg

Tim Thompson do I get a prize?
Nope, took this picture last year in Germany. We all had to fit Transponders to our Bikes before going on Track and this Little chap was doing just that :)

Hi, let me answer from a potential buyers perspective. I have a 08 Fireblade - fantastic bike, easy to ride fast. It flatters me. Last week took both Aprilia RSV4 Factory and S1000RR on back to back test drives. The Aprilia chassis was great, I've never ridden a bike so easy to turn and place on the road. The engine though was rough and wasn't a patch on my Blade nor the BMW. If anyone is interested I'll write my views on all 3 bikes as a newbie to the S1000RR.

So why am I thinking of buying the S1000RR?? Simple...Because I fancy a change. GXSR-1000 was eliminated because it is too common (they all look alike - 600s, 750's 1000's). ZX10R - I love Kwakkers but think they have lost their way a little since the ZX6R C1H. Thought about a RC8R/Ducati but enough cylinders for me.

I work hard and I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford a new bike every few years so this is my 'treat'. You shouldn't overlook the human element

Cheers

Wow - brilliant, coherent, well-argued. Hang on, I'm buttering you up again.

All points received and understood. Thank you for making the effort. I'm gonna condense the replies and include them in... whatever it is I'm writing (not sure meeself yet).

The bike's electronics definitely gave me greater confidence to explore areas of my riding I wouldn't normally for fear of highsiding... and it was fun doing it. I trusted it, and it worked. But that's just for me. There are certainly no judgements being made here!

I guess technology offers us the opportunity to change the way we ride, for those who choose to. Doesn't matter if you don't, in the same way it doesn't matter if you use the technology of disc brakes to stop more efficiently than drum brakes, or radial tyres to get more grip than crossplies. Or, indeed, to last longer. What matters is what you get from it, obviously. But technology moves forward – and, hopefully, opens up motorcycling to more people more of the time – and we can go with it, or stay where we are, or go backwards if we want. It's nice to have the choice. Like TC having an on/off switch.

Thanks again!

Simon H

Latest posts

Back