Heyyy guys!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laj-Rai

Reaction score
So I brought a S1000rr a few weeks ago.. 2010 reg 16k on clock with full bmw history.. ?8200.. So I decided so check how much my is worth just out of curiosity from we buy any bike they said it's only worth ?6000.. I'm thinking Wtf.. do companies like this offer rediculas prices? Or did I get ripped off.. because they go on auto trader for simerlar prices.. Also do these bikes hold their value for a awhile?
Thanks Laj
e9f3d7ea111868ff9a5cdbc5725dbcbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’s just down to the buying and selling price Laj.
I think you did ok but a dealer will obv give you less and would have to sell with a warranty.
Ride it and enjoy, or were you looking to upgrade to a newer model already?

It?s just down to the buying and selling price Laj.
I think you did ok but a dealer will obv give you less and would have to sell with a warranty.
Ride it and enjoy, or were you looking to upgrade to a newer model already?
Oh ok got ya.. bikes lovely mate.. absolutely love it just upgraded from a Gixer 600

They are great machines,we are all just waiting for better weather so we can have a perma smile again.

We buy any car is a business devoted on praying on those in the shit that need money and only have their vehicle to sell to raise this needed capital fast. They are by no means a valuation company.
Selling to dealers means they have to buy ur bike at respectful price , they have over heads , rent, employees that sort the paperwork etc , it all cost money , then by law they have to sell the bike with a warranty , service it , clean it , all more employees , so they can?t give u what U can get selling privately.
Now browse private prices, most are selling to upgrade , to get the most out of their prized possessions or beat the dealers offer. U will see identical Bikes priced differently and that?s coz owner of bike a don?t need the money as fast as owner of bike b maybe . Either way u got a bike with twelve months tax , warranty , 16000 miles for 8200.00 , I?d say u did ok. Yeah u could of got more for ur money , but that?s where one question has to be asked ... was it finance or pound notes ... pound notes will always get u a better deal. Forget the crap buddy , u got a nice bike , u were in here last week beaming about ur beemer ... get out and enjoy her buddy.
Another few weeks and u will be ripping the roads up smiling from ear to ear ... u got a bout of s1000rr owners winter blues is all ... just like most of us ... I need sun please [emoji1317]
Hahaa Thank you for lovely message Jay! Feel much better about how much i paid for it... Cheers buddy [emoji16][emoji16][emoji106]

Will go for a ride soon buddy u only down the road . I?m Warwickshire
No way! Literally down the M5 lol.. Deffos mate [emoji109] as soon as the days get better lol

We buy any bike is not the same as we buy any car.

we buy any bike is based on the same trading estate as Stephen in Bradford. He can tell you all about them if you are that interested but essentially they buy low and sell high to make a profit like anyone else.

As has been noted, buying a bike from a dealer has a lot of overheads on top of the price they got the bike for. If you took it straight back the next day you would get less than you paid. What is it worth market value, its worth what someone is willing to pay, dealer or individual. Also take into account the circumstance of the purchase by the dealer, did they bid high as a part ex to get a new bike sale becuase it was quarter end, did they bid low becuase they had plenty of stock. Boomaz quotes this mate who got low balled by a dealer which is a shitter, yes, but he didnt have to sell the bike to the dealer, it was his choice to accept the offer, so hows that the dealer’s fault? Maybe the dealer didnt really want the bike for stock, perhaps wrong time of year, who knows. (Boomaz I am not having a pop, just making a point I think is valid).

So my advice is dont worry about the value until the day you want to sell it, because until then, apart from insurance purposes, its irrelevant. Life is too short to worry about things that dont matter right now.

Welcome to the forum Laj and congratulations on your new RR!

As the others have said I think you?ve paid a reasonable price and you certainly have a fantastic bike to show for it, so congratulations on your purchase and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here as you are not doubt discovering already [emoji4]

Oli

Welcome to the forum Laj and congratulations on your new RR!

As the others have said I think you?ve paid a reasonable price and you certainly have a fantastic bike to show for it, so congratulations on your purchase and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here as you are not doubt discovering already [emoji4]

Oli
Cheers Oli [emoji106]

So I brought a S1000rr a few weeks ago.. 2010 reg 16k on clock with full bmw history.. ?8200.. So I decided so check how much my is worth just out of curiosity from we buy any bike they said it's only worth ?6000.. I'm thinking Wtf.. do companies like this offer rediculas prices? Or did I get ripped off.. because they go on auto trader for simerlar prices.. Also do these bikes hold their value for a awhile?
Thanks Laj
e9f3d7ea111868ff9a5cdbc5725dbcbb.jpg

I don't think that is too bad. I had 10plate bought from Park Lane Bmw, for ?8400 in 2013 with 5k miles had a slight ding (not my fault) Insurance wrote it of with 16k miles on it and they gave me ?8700!! Bought a 15 plate from dealer..just waiting for the weather now!! Enjoy

Ravi

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back