Hello!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Happy New Year to you all!

I have a 2015 S1000RR in Black. Best bike I've owned but only had it a few months so I can't wait for spring. Plenty of summer rides planned and i'd love to get a few track days in as well.

At the moment she's standard apart from tank protectors but i've got plenty of ideas so far as modifications so i'm sure i'll have plenty of questions for you all!

Cheers Stephen

Hi Stephen, great choice of bike, in the rarest colour too, very nice.

Welcome to the site.

JimmyMac

I initially wanted the Red/White colour scheme but I bought the ex demo bike from my local dealer, now Ive fallen in love with the 'stealthy' look the all black model has. Although the 2016 black/red colour scheme has caught my eye, might have to buy some red panels.

Welcome, enjoy you're bike. Mines is the common as muck Motorsport colours !

I initially wanted the Red/White colour scheme but I bought the ex demo bike from my local dealer, now Ive fallen in love with the 'stealthy' look the all black model has. Although the 2016 black/red colour scheme has caught my eye, might have to buy some red panels.

If you wait a few months you will be surprised how many complete body panel sets for the 2016 will be advertised for sale, lots of race teams will be getting new bikes stripping them and trying to recover some money for the road going parts they don't use.

I have 4 complete HP4 sets stored away for future use or sale. But I'm a bit of a magpie.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Hello all I've just bought a 2010 in the common as muck but lovely motorsport colours. Its done 22k and I have a slightly noisey timing chain tensioner and I know BMW have issued puma 54380454 for the higher mileage bikes with a noisey tensioner,

The puma notice is basically a modified stud that hold the tensioner in. Ive heard a few horror stories of chains skipping when changing the tension but not sure how true that is? With this in mind Does a puma notice mean that bmw would fit this under warranty even though the bike is clearly out of warranty if that makes sense ?

Apologies if thats a really dumb question

Sorry for my dumb question... What's a puma notice? If it's recall then they would have to replace warranty or not I think.

Thanks. Never heard of this before. Sounds like an updated part without BMW holding their hands up fully! It's worth a try getting it free though. I owned a triumph speed four as my first bike, these had an issue with poor fittings on the fuel tank as well as several other models in the range. I know a lot of guys on the triumph forum managed to get these sorted for free long after warranties expired on some quite old bikes. Those that didn't were at least supplied the parts FOC from triumph to sort themselves. Welcome to the forum by the way

With this in mind Does a puma notice mean that bmw would fit this under warranty even though the bike is clearly out of warranty if that makes sense ?

Apologies if thats a really dumb question

It depends entirely on the individual fault and what the mothership decides.

By the sounds of it the fix you describe is easy (cheap) so I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer fixes it foc. BMW are generally good at putting right their owndesign/manufacture errors without making a charge, even if the fault doesn't appear for years, but if the fix cost is high then it can become a different experience.

A quick call to your local dealership service department should confirm either way.

It depends entirely on the individual fault and what the mothership decides.

By the sounds of it the fix you describe is easy (cheap) so I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer fixes it foc. BMW are generally good at putting right their owndesign/manufacture errors without making a charge, even if the fault doesn't appear for years, but if the fix cost is high then it can become a different experience.

A quick call to your local dealership service department should confirm either way.

I tried dealer and didn't get very far. I'm now trying BMW directly I'll advise back if I get anywhere with it :Banane19:

Latest posts

Back