Hello. Newish S1000RR owner which im using as a track bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmadjock

Reaction score
Hi people.
Ive had my S1000 for about 4 months and have just recently done a 4 day track session in Cartagena. The fairings that came on the bike were quite tatty and as a result I have just purchased a full set of CRC fairings, which come in a roughly painted black.

I probably want to get them painted, I'm not looking for a showroom finish but I want something a bit better than a Halfords spray can.

Anyone recommend someone in the Kent area or poss further afield where I can get them done at a reasonable price.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum, as FreudianSlip says, someone from your neck of the woods will be able to advise.

"Bananaman" has the skillz and location!

He's pretty active so I expect he'll see your request.

Welcome to the site.

Hi Andy, welcome to the site. Good to see you are enjoying the bike.

Going by your tag I presume you have a bullet with your name on it?

JimmyMac

Ha ha. My mum told me I had a short life expectancy when I got a bike at 17. I'm still here. 50 this year and I've been known as that nickname since school. I think I'll claim it as a lucky charm as opposed to a bullet with my name on it. Saying that I've just started doing track days within the last year. You know what they say "Mums always right"

Hya and welcome, where in kent? Have to say bought some crc fairings and thought they were rubbish for cosmetic reasons (very flimsy) although extremely light. That black crap they are tossed over in is a right pain as it has to come off before you can show it the gun lol.

Tonbridge. I was quite disappointed at the finish of the fairings. Like you said, they are light but I was going to get them painted anyway. Might look as if I'll have to get the scothbrite out and start prepping them for a Halfords spray can party

I've got a full set of Alpha race fairings available if you were interested? I was going to hold on to them for next year but could be encouraged to move them on lol. :)

Cheers for the offer. I've already bought the fairings. Maybe should have joined the forum before purchasing. You live and learn

Tonbridge. I was quite disappointed at the finish of the fairings. Like you said, they are light but I was going to get them painted anyway. Might look as if I'll have to get the scothbrite out and start prepping them for a Halfords spray can party

I'm right next to the chunnel. If they're anything like the ones I had you will need more than scotchbrite, that will just clog up. I ended up using a thinners rag and wiping it off. Very messy but then you'll have a sound base to work with. Good luck !! LOL

Last edited:
Welcome to the site - and bloody good to see another 1967 baby hustling a litre sports bike about!!

Latest posts

Back