hello guys

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad_gicone2004

Reaction score
nice to see there is a forum for BMW S1000RR. for the moment i'm not a owner but soon.... hope i whill. i'm from Romania and i'm looking for information about this bike. i want to buy a 2017 BMW S1000RR. thanks in advance because i'm pretty sure i whill find anything i need.

Hi, welcome to the forum and good luck with your search for a bike. Any answers you cant find please ask.

Welcome to the forum!

As Jay says the Gen 3 RR?s are amazing bikes and I have every confidence you are making the right decision!

There is a wonderful community on this forum and loads of information, but as soofsayer says, if you are unsure of anything just ask away.

Hope you find your ideal new steed soon and that you have a fantastic biking year ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

thanks guys for the welcome... i did read alex's whole thread of his bike... im freaking blown away.. the only thing that im not clarified is how can i change the full exhaust. my dealer from Romania is selling the full titanium race exhaust made by akrapovic but i personaly dont like the look of the slip on... is too big. i want to mount a moto gp replica by akrapovic with stainles steel headers but i dont know if the dealer can re-write the ecu for this exhaust.. will see
thank you guys again! :Banane35:

thanks guys for the welcome... i did read alex's whole thread of his bike... im freaking blown away.. the only thing that im not clarified is how can i change the full exhaust. my dealer from Romania is selling the full titanium race exhaust made by akrapovic but i personaly dont like the look of the slip on... is too big. i want to mount a moto gp replica by akrapovic with stainles steel headers but i dont know if the dealer can re-write the ecu for this exhaust.. will see
thank you guys again! :Banane35:

Essentially, exhaust and tuning options are as follows:

- ?BMW HP Power Kit?. This includes/involves an Akrapovic Evolution system, race enabling the stock ECU and installing the Racing Data Release mapping.
Installation of this kit is ?permanent? and results in a partial warranty restriction. This is a relatively unpopular option as is only really appropriate for race/track use.

- Any exhaust of your choosing + a fuel module.
For a 17 onwards RR, your best option is a Rapid Bike Race module (a forum discount is available, contact @alex for more information). Neither the exhaust or fuel module invalidate your manufacturer warranty and neither result in any permanent changes to your bike.
This combo would be my recommendation, though it is unlikely your BMW dealer will be willing to install it.

Hope this helps [emoji846]

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, sounds like you are doing some good research, hope you get the bike soon and enjoy it and enjoy here.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back