Hello from TEXAS USA

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BMW_388

Hi everyone in the UK.

I have a 2015 S1000RR in Red / White . Race package, DDC, Forged Wheels.

I have some experience in riding, as I was a racer for many years.

I had a street accident in Feb 2014. I lost my left leg above knee. It did not stop me however from riding again. I actually crashed on a GSXR 750 and proceeded to sell off all my GSXR's and wanted to buy a nice shiny new expensive S1000RR to help my motivation to return to riding fast again.

I know you UK people must know this guy. I am not as bad off as him, but I have the same motivation and "little person inside" https://vimeo.com/109999643

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.. need to get to posting so I can post in the for sale section. Arrgh... spam bots make it so hard on normal people

I been riding the RR since March ... Just have to have an electric shifter. Its all good. I am only about 1 second slower than I was before I lost my leg. Its been some struggle getting the balance in my mind with my left leg gone.

and I am NOT a vendor. I just need to sell a high dollar pro shifter system because I switched to Kliktronics instead. I see the UK sidecars use the Pro Shifter system.

and I am NOT a vendor. I just need to sell a high dollar pro shifter system because I switched to Kliktronics instead. I see the UK sidecars use the Pro Shifter system.

it doesnt say vendor it states if you just join here to sell your goods you must apply for a sponsers account, as your very first post stated I HAVE ONLY JOINED THE UK FORUM TO SELL BLAA BLAA BLAA (yes i did edit it ) then this applies to you we are not here just for people to sell there goods that what ebay was invented for

cheers turtle

I been riding the RR since March ... Just have to have an electric shifter. Its all good. I am only about 1 second slower than I was before I lost my leg. Its been some struggle getting the balance in my mind with my left leg gone.

I find that amazing, how do you mange with body position in right hand corners?

I think you'll get a better response on motoforum.net for the kit you are selling, all about racing on there. :). Not many racers on here, and only 1 sidecar racer out of them I think.

really it is the lefts that are of more 'feel' problem. I have a full prosthetic leg. I have a ball socket I designed to place my left boot into. I however, cannot place any weight on the socket and be able to put myself back in the saddle. So, rights are better for me than lefts. More practice and I will be there. I have only been to 3 trackdays since my return back to the bike. I have logged over 5000 street miles however. I do not do commute around town. I cannot concentrate enough as I must stop and land on my right foot every time. Very difficult. I have feel over to the left at least 8 times at 0mph to 3mph. Once I hit a curb with my shoulder that was on the way down on that left side and it felt broke for 2 weeks. It turned out to be ok.

If I could post pics I would post a pic of my S1000RR with the electric shifter setup. I guess at 10 posts I will get there.

Thanks for the reply. Wow, never say die eh?

On posting pics, this forum doesn't seem to support them, so we all use something like photobucket for free and post using links.

Soof you haven't looked hard enough yet as you can up load pics to the server bud. As for BMW 338 he can't upload pics or links as his member group is red which doesn't alow it

Latest posts

Back