Hello from Jersey !

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k9crew

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I?m new to the site but not to the S1krr. My first S1krr was a 2012 that I bought 2013 with 2,700 miles on it. This past November I trader her in with 36K miles on the OD. So I now own a Black 2016 premium with forged wheels and am loving all the new bells and whistles.
I live in South Jersey ? Not the Island across the Pond, but New Jersey in the US.
Here is a pick of my Bike.

ytVTCKI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

Looks like your post got stopped by our spam filter, due to the link.
Welcome along - not many US folks on here - more the merrier :)

Welcome mate 👍🏼 33,000+ miles in 4 years is pretty impressive!! I'll be lucky to ride that in my life!!!

Hi there,

Looks like your post got stopped by our spam filter, due to the link.
Welcome along - not many US folks on here - more the merrier :)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR, am glad you are enjoying the new features!

+1 very glad to welcome a US member to the forum!
Perhaps you'll join us and start drinking tea in due course lol ;p

Oli and all thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure about the tea but I am a Scotch and Guinness Man all day :adoration:!

Give it time, we'll be happy to give pointers on how to brew a proper cuppa! ;p

+1 on Scotch and Guinness!

Hi K9, nice intro and new avatar. Was at the Proggresive Bike Show in NY last year and mangled to convince the BMW rep that HP4 Carbons in Europe come in a range of colours, much to his annoyance. Lol
36k is a great effort my friend, may your new bike be as good.

JimmyMac

JimmyMac
Thats funny :black_eyed:. But your correct I dont see much in variety of color for carbon figer bits here. That color scheme you have is sweeeeet! I can only hope to be able to ride my 2016 as much ... Seems global warming has made it possible for me to ride at leasst a few days during each of our winter months in New Jersey . :disillusionment: The past few years we've had pleny of winter days that hit 7c and higher.

Yeah, I was there on December and a guy was out running with no top on, he was interviewed on the TV. I arrived in Newark airport and the passport guy asked why I wasn't wearing a jacket, he said it wasn't that warm. I told him he obviously had never been to Scotland. NY was on lockdown 4 weeks later due to snow.
My wife has a cousin in NJ, it's a favourite destination of mine.

Ride safe.

JimmyMac

Yeah, I was there on December and a guy was out running with no top on, he was interviewed on the TV. I arrived in Newark airport and the passport guy asked why I wasn't wearing a jacket, he said it wasn't that warm. I told him he obviously had never been to Scotland. NY was on lockdown 4 weeks later due to snow.
My wife has a cousin in NJ, it's a favourite destination of mine.

Ride safe.

JimmyMac

JimmyMac
Hey if you come back over to Jersey give me a shout Man . We can hangout!

Hi K9 welcome to the UK forum. I joined the US one a few months ago and got a warm welcome so Im sure we can reciprocate.

Your a scotch man...whats your tipple then. Ive done the Whiskey Trail a couple of times. Auchentoshan distillery is 10 minutes drive from my house and Ballantines bonded warehouses are at the end of my street lol...

Cheers, Stuart... Dumbarton Scotland

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stuart
Macallan is my favorite. I would be in so much trouble if lived that close to a Scotch distillery ... You are one lucky man in my book :wink-new: Thanks for the welcome & Ive also been a member on the US site for a few years now.

Stuart
Macallan is my favorite. I would be in so much trouble if lived that close to a Scotch distillery ... You are one lucky man in my book :wink-new: Thanks for the welcome & Ive also been a member on the US site for a few years now.

The Macallan is a Lovely Dram K9..matured in Sherry casks which gives it it's colour and flavour..if you get a chance try Bunnahabhain 12 y/o..pronounced ...boona have in.. say it quickly...lovely so easy to drink, google the reviews.

Auchentonshan 10 y/o pronounced... och en tosh an.... is the only triple distilled whiskey in Scotland is another cracker... My mate works in Edrington bonded warehouse just up the road from me, he get's me "The Glenrothes" for ?8 per bottle, another fantastic tipple.. you should come over one time and we'll go through my drinks cabinet lol.

Last edited:
Have made a "written" note to try Auchentonshan and Bunnahabhain Stu! Been thinking of trying them for a while but you've just given me the nudge lol.

My three favourite distilleries, to date, are Old Pultney, GlenDronach and GlenFarclas!

GlenDronach 15 or 18 y/o and Old Pultney 17 y/o, although the 12 y/o is also very good, are some excellent sherry cask single malts.

GlenFarclas 15 y/o is another cracker, although is matured in Oak casks.

Enjoy your Whisky adventures K9

Latest posts

Back