Hello all

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitto74

Reaction score
Last Sunday some scumbags tried to steal my HP4 London (uk) they snapped the steering and now BMW are saying I need a new frame!! I can?t see how the frame has been damaged to the extent that it needs replacing, can anyone shed any light on this and have an alternative to changing the complete frame? Cheers ✌🏼

Hi vito, sorry to hear about the attempted theft of your hp4. Welcome to the forum. I think the issue will be the steering lock is part of the frame so to put it back to the correct condition it requires a new frame. Another member on here had similar and his bike was written off I believe?

Welcome to the forum Vitto.

+1 on what Soofsayer says, am very sorry to hear of the attempted theft and subsequent damage to your HP4

Welcome - sorry about the assholes.

As Soof says, if the frame's been inspected and the steering lock element is damaged then it needs a new frame. HP4 shouldn't be written off...you could ask them to let you know if the damage extends beyond the steering lock and thus if it's an issue that needs to be made right.
In London I don't use the steering lock for this reason. Disc lock, chain and tracker...

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your attempted theft. Hopefully will only be the lock that's damaged & no other part of the frame.

Last edited:
Hi Vitto, hope you get the issue sorted with your frame. These f13kers are a waste of skin.

Hope you enjoy your bike and it doesn't leave you feeling bad, Karma my friend.

JImmyMac

Latest posts

Back