GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoops

Reaction score
Got a new toy today - ive already got a VholdR ContourHD 1080P that ive used to film both car and bike track days but i wanted to try the GoPro - so now i can film multiple angles/front/rear shots etc at the same time.

Have to say though the box was a bloody nightmare to get into and the bits out of and its so annoying that they dont come with full and adequate user instructions IN the actual box, instead ive got to download user manual which is a pain in the arse.

Looking forward to trying it out though and will get some footage with both the GoPro and the Contour at Snetterton on April 29th.

If anyone has any tips or advice regarding the Hero 3 i would welcome hearing them!!

photo.JPG

Last edited:
nice toy that fella, a load of the boys I go with on my monkeybikes weekenders have them, prob the best one on the market

Seems pretty good - ive downloaded the GoPro App to my iPhone 5 and updated the cameras software/firmware and it works well and quite a cool remote conrol feature - will see how it works out at Snetterton!

Loving the GoPro app - downloaded it to my iPhone 5 and iPad mini and you can fully control camera remotely and use it as a viewfinder - cheaper than buying the LCD bacpac!

Size comparison to the ContourHD...

photo.jpg

Using the suction mount on the fuel tank doesn't work, the suction mount isn't able to filter it out the vibrations. You will need to use one of the sticky pads but remember to remove it when your finished otherwise it will become extremely difficult to remove, same with the helmet the sticky pads WILL damage the paint. The suction mount works in other locations like on the side fairing near the indicator or on the front fairing, you will want to tether it just in case.

you can see some of the places here, its a shit boring video btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUnPj7iYJZo

You will need to use one of the sticky pads but remember to remove it when your finished otherwise it will become extremely difficult to remove, same with the helmet the sticky pads WILL damage the paint.

Sorry to butt in but i use the sticky mounts and have left them on the tank for more than a year and removed them with no issues. You just have to make sure you heat them up with a hair drier or heat gun first to soften the adhesive

Hi hoops

How bad is the vibration through the suction cup mount on the tank
as I'm in the process of getting one but don't fancy sticking any pads
to the bike

Cheers

Gordo

Thanks for all the advice chaps - appreciated. I havent used the GoPro yet - but used the ContourHD on my other track bikes and used the suction mount on the tank and the sticky pads on the side fairing - personally i had no issue removing pads when i heated them up with a hairdryer but i always felt nervous with the suction cup mount on the tank as i felt it would lose suction and sometimes i felt it restricted my movement and i was conscious of it all the time.

Back