Gopro Camera try out run

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamish

Reaction score
Made a vid of clips from today, its what I call Youtube friendly (if you know what I mean), so should avoid unwanted attention. I struggled with a good attachment point for the camera that didnt vibrate like a rampant rabbit, but the lower fairing area showing fork leg was ok. Its a borrowed camera to see whther or not I want to buy one. jury is still out.

heres the link

Last edited by a moderator:
no HD?
Did you use the Youtube image stabilization feature? Don't, it makes the videos weird.

Yep YouTube stabilisation feature, the original is much much better quality. Most of the footage is around Horncastle/Caistor area.

Image quality isnt great but i guess you lose some when you upload to youtube - but did you shoot it in HD originally? Finding the best position on the bike to fix the camera is a pain in the arse i admit - i always had the same dilemma when i used my ContourHD and used a similar location on the side fairing - but i think my personal favourite camera position when watching others footage is from the tank and then rear facing from the seat cowl - but then it sometimes put me off having it on the tank thinking i might knock it off or the suction clamp wouldnt hold it on!!

Yup it's still in standard definition. I thought youtube was still encoding it.

Is your gopro set correctly? 720p is best as it gives the fisheye effect. going to 1080 and you'll lose the fisheye.

Is your gopro set correctly? 720p is best as it gives the fisheye effect. going to 1080 and you'll lose the fisheye.

Really? Is that the same for the new Hero 3 Black Edition? I thought i shot in 1080 the other day (default setting) and still got the extreme wide angle effect??

Yup it's still in standard definition. I thought youtube was still encoding it.

depends on what hero this is, the hero 3 silver can record in 1080p and with full fisheye the quality is awsome

Really? Is that the same for the new Hero 3 Black Edition? I thought i shot in 1080 the other day (default setting) and still got the extreme wide angle effect??

hero 3 Silver and Black Edition still have the ultra wide angle when recording in 1080p

Its a Hero 2 that I borrowed for my Germany run, thought I would give it a try, and if they allow, stick it on for donny tomorrow. I didnt really have the time to fcuk about too much but it gave me a good idea on settings and locations. At least at Donny, I wont be worried about getting nicked for the footage!

Cheers Hoops, really looking fwd to it, first trackday where the bike is actually insured! Woohooo.

Are you taking the GoPro to Donny? Look forward to seeing some of that footage if you are!

Looked like the B1225 ? Great road, shame about the potholes I didnt notice them last time i rode it. You like the centre white line .

Latest posts

Back