Go Pro. Whats the difference? Worth the extra?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone get the differences between the GoPros? The only difference between the Hero 4 Black and Silver seems to be 15 vs 30 FPS on 4k mode.
Is the 4 series black any better in reality than the 3 series black?
Lastly what are the best deals that people know about.

Last edited:
I had a hero 3 black. Now i have a 4 black and a 3 + silver.

3 + silver is defiantly the best value and great quality/battery

I've gone for a bog-standard Hero for ?94 new from Tesco Direct.

Before that had a Drift HD720, originally ordered a Drift Ghost S as a replacement (faulty out of the box....wouldn't turn on) and then a Drift Stealth 2 after that (started fine but then wouldn't hold a charge) so then decided to try a GoPro.

Been fine up to now.

There all pretty much the same
I've got a drift and it's great for what I need it for
if your going to playback 4k make sure you have enough space and that your computer can handle it

I can't see the point of recording a track day etc in anything more than 960p/60fps. Keeps the files for a session down to <2Gb and is plenty for watching back on YouTube. Sound quality is the bit you should invest in, remote mic's near the exhaust... (although that does need you to remember to fit it on!)

I have a Drift Ghost-S with remote mic on a RAM mount...videos' on here to check quality.

Thanks all. I used to run a dogcam setup with variable gain wired mic which gave awesome sound, was all engine / exhaust and no wind. Needed a camcorder to record though and had wires everywhere!
I currently run a contour GPS which gives data feed as well and when viewed shows position (particularly cool on track maps!) but the sound is crap. Far too much wind noise and not enough engine or exhaust.
I've see footage filmed at same time using an older GoPro and video quality is better on the GoPros.
Can the GoPros use a remote mic (wired or wireless)

Yes, but not when inside the waterproof case.
Drifts are waterproof as they come.

I have owned Contour GPS, Gopro 3, 3+ and now 4 all Blacks. The latest 4 Black is the most complete and accomplished camera ever in my mind. I have a high end Laptop which can handle 4k video. I upload this onto 4k TV and the quality is sublime. Unlike other folk on here I watch track footage in 4k and love it.
the 30fps is not fantastic though as its stutters a little (Gopro 5 will do 60fps I'm hoping).
Then there's the low light capability of the 4 Black which is fantastic. I use a separate stero Mic with Bluetooth connection so I can place the mic wherever I want.

Just when I was going 4 a hero 4 black the prices seem to have jumped. Several sites had them for around ?310 but now around ?360 - ?400. Must be silly holiday season

I was out today , done 230 miles and this bike just keeps getting better and better. Anyway myself and my cousin who has a 1299 panigale both had cameras with us but not go pros. Mines is a cheapy from aldi ( ?40 I think ) my cousin a cheap Chinese one about the same value. His was good quality with no stuttering but will only record 1 video at a time , mines good quality and 5 video from today but very shaky and a bit hic uppy if that makes sense. I liked videoing my blast so what's the cheapest and best way to go ? If it's go pro which one , cause there are loads ! Cheers

I use a Mobius action cam. They are easy to use, easy to modify, the footage is good and they dont cost much.

Back