Glove recommendations please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy tims

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new pair of track / road riding gloves for use when the weather is mild to warm.

Price point - ?150 or less preferably.

No lairy colours. Decent ventilation.

I'm thinking Five RFX1 or Knox Handroid but open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

I use Knox handroid, luckily I've not had chance to test out their safety features but they're extremely comfortable, you can feel absolutely everything through them, I broke them in in less than a week and they haven't 'over stretched' in the 2 years I've been using 'em. I'm gunna get another pair for this season.

The only thing small issue I have is they don't hold any heat whatsoever, brilliant in the sun but if you get a cold spell it's like riding without gloves on! But I guess most sports gloves are like that too..

I use alpinestars gp pros. Unfortunatly i have tested them a couple of times and they held up really well

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Knox handroid for me in the summer and spring, really comfortable er fit like a......... really well made, they were tested by fast bike mag and after 10k miles no deterioration at all, id also say they would make a mess of a would be hi jackers face !!!
In the winter i use RST Titanium outlast, good feel and very warm, also waterproof.

Also the Knox are brilliant if you have heated grips as they can be used when its slightly cooler and still have good feel.

Last edited:
I've been using these for a long time, on my 3rd pair, and each lasts me about 3-ish years. Crashed a few times in them when racing and I've still got all my fingers so confidence in them is high.
They do wear on the abrasive pads on the fingers eventually, but have found them to be a good fit over the cuff, reasonable on cooler days but thin enough for a good bar grip and feel. Have tried others but keep coming back to this mid-range make.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/282194

+1 for Knox handroid. Really well made glove with excellent protection features. As someone has already said they don't stretch like some gloves can so make sure they're a comfy fit to start with. I'm normally a large but had to go up to an xl as although the gloves felt good off the bike,with hands wrapped round the grips I was losing feeling in my fingertips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dainese Full Metal Pro

I have a pair of Dainese Full Metal Pro gloves. Highly recommended, although expensive, but they performed impeccably during a high speed crash at Snetterton.

Im on my third pair of Handroids...all of the above comments are spot on... buy the Gauntlet type as they cover more of your wrist area...

I think ive been using them for at least 6 years

Sent from Galaxy S7

Latest posts

Back