Get what you pay for doh

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettybeamer

Reaction score
As the title said.my Cheap&nasty tailtidy snapped today whilst out on a blast.i thought I had a bit of a slow rear puncture cause something felt a bit odd.pulled up at a carpark and there' my cheap tailtidy of eBay hanging down with indicators&number plate rubbing against rear melting right indicator&side of number plate doh doh doh.managed to tie it up with old boot lace I found in carpark and limped it home.ds3 tailtidy is needed me thinks.

in what way are the d3 better ?? the r&g I have is small and very strong and a good fit I cant see how it could be better imho lol

I've seen both in person and both do the same thing both made by good companies.

And both are still too big. I have an R&G I had to cut down to size.

I've looked at all tailtidy replacements apart from the one I had (that snapped)I like the rg ones but they don't do a forum member discount like the standard replacement D3 which are also quality.

I've fitted the Ecotech tail tidy to my HP4 and have to say it's very good. It fits a treat, easy to fit and looks great. Also fitted the Evotech radiator and oil cooler guards and they are brilliant, hooking over and under and bolting in the middle utilising the existing bolts.

Was that one of the cheapy polycarbonate ones? I always thought it's a bit suspect, but the seller maintained it's strong enough to not crack, even though it wobbles all over the place...

Guess I should replace mine before the same happens...

Was that one of the cheapy polycarbonate ones? I always thought it's a bit suspect, but the seller maintained it's strong enough to not crack, even though it wobbles all over the place...

Guess I should replace mine before the same happens...
Oh yes that's the one. Think I payed 29.99 on eBay.you better change it mate or it's gunna cost you new indicators and a better tailtidy.

As the title said.my Cheap&nasty tailtidy snapped today whilst out on a blast.i thought I had a bit of a slow rear puncture cause something felt a bit odd.pulled up at a carpark and there' my cheap tailtidy of eBay hanging down with indicators&number plate rubbing against rear melting right indicator&side of number plate doh doh doh.managed to tie it up with old boot lace I found in carpark and limped it home.ds3 tailtidy is needed me thinks.

Just saved myself £117 buy changing insurance company's due to a increase in this years policy.got better cover as well .so I've ordered my new D3 standard tailtidy with white baseplate,standard tailtidy with indicators of eBay which came of a bsb, new number plate 7x6 sweeeet

Evotech is better that the R&G, the reason i say this is the base plate on the R&G one that came on my bike started rusting..couldn't believe it. Stay clear of the R&G one, i'm very impressed with the Evotech.

Going back to the Cheap&nasty Whilst converting my bike back to the oem tailtidy this is because I'm currently waiting for baz of D3 to ring me when he has more standards in stock with white baseplates.i found the original box the cheap&nasty arrived in with instructions and stamp dated. It's not even a yr old so got me thinking return to sender with said cheap&nasty with nice (NOT) letter these thing snap and cause damage you f*¥king arse.

Back