Gear Shift Assist on 2010 Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Wyreflyer

Well back from holidays to a wet and windy NorthWest.
Bike is superb, very happy with it, just one question.
Have I got a dodgy gear assist? Bike is a sport 2010 model, should it work as I think, i.e. pin the throttle open and clutchlessly snick up thru the gears? No matter what revs or gear I try, the gear lever won't budge.
This is not a dig at the guy I bought it off, he was a good bloke, but he's telling me to slightly blip the throttle for each change, which works fine, the gears change smoothly without the clutch, but isn't that just clutches
changing anyway???
Any ideas? Is it a proper QS or is this normal? I have checked over the linkage and the wiring, nothing obvious.
Thanks WF

You should not have to roll of the throttle just keep it pinned and the quick shifter would sort the rest, sounds like yours is not working.
You can clutch less change any bike by rolling of the throttle.

Most common fault is the clutch switch not working correctly(does it have aftermarket levers?)Apply the clutch and listen for a click from the microswitch on the clutch lever.It should click when the lever is about 20mm from the bar.Check that first.

Most common fault is the clutch switch not working correctly(does it have aftermarket levers?)Apply the clutch and listen for a click from the microswitch on the clutch lever.It should click when the lever is about 20mm from the bar.Check that first.
You might have it there baz, standard levers but no click.
Hopefully an easy fix then :smug:
Thanks, I'll keep you posted.

?22.20 microswitch fitted at Southport Superbikes today. QS is working great now and what amazing fun it is!!!!
Happy days :triumphant:
Thanks for the help and advice.

Back