Galaxy S7 Edge

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Guy's a bit random question. I've a Galaxy S7. Tonight it's just stopped charging, we have 5 Galaxy chargers all working on other things perfectly. Pretty certain it's the socket in the phone that the USB inserts into that is the problem.

I have phone insurance also through EE..but they want another ton off me to replace, that will be the second one this year so it's no joke 200 quid in excesses...ffs. I am really careless with my phone.

Anyhow noticed they also do a ?50 next day replacement if it's under warranty, as the phone is less than 1 year old...anyone know what the difference is ?

Cheers in advance

S

Last edited:
You could send it back under warranty but if they conclude you've damaged the charging port by say dropping it while plugged in they might charge you.
Or maybe cheaper to get a small phone repair place to replace the charging port as long as it's not connected to the main board.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You could send it back under warranty but if they conclude you've damaged the charging port by say dropping it while plugged in they might charge you.
Or maybe cheaper to get a small phone repair place to replace the charging port as long as it's not connected to the main board.

Hi Brucie... yea I have options there I guess.. but I was wondering if anyone knew what the difference was regarding the 100 or 50 thing...I'll bell them in the morning mate and find out.

Cheers

Yeah, sorry bud. The ?50 I'm guessing is for administration and postage fees but maybe run the risk of it not being covered under warranty.
I'm with EE on my s7 but insure it through my bank Lloyds, ?10 a month and that's some AA breakdown package as well, ?50 excess and they've repaired/replaced a few of my phone's over the last few years, including accidental damage.

Last edited:
Mate left phone overnight on charge woke up to a fully functioning device ffs ! No idea how it wouldnt take a charge all of last night.. cheers anyhow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Only issue I've had is when I've been using it a lot and trying to charge it in between, the phone starts beeping, stops and starts charge constantly. Think either the phone or charger was overheating.
All fine later

Latest posts

Back