Full Akra how much ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
Visited a Motorrad dealer the other day and had a chat about a full system, they reckoned the majority of bikes they see have them fitted. Anyway they pulled up some options on the net and there was a non cat, non BMW approved stainless header system for around £700 :) but I cant find it now. So where's the cheapest place to buy from in the UK/EU to avoid VAT/import duty ?

Try calsport, there usually pretty good on price, the £700 system obviously won't be road legal, and guessing it's the stubby can so will be very loud if your planning on doing track days you may want to consider the longer can.

I got a full stainless system with carbon end can from
a dealer on eBay based in Italy for £900 and came within
4 days

Thanks for the replies, the guy in the dealership did say the short cans are painfully loud, though I've no plans to track my bike other than the free day that came with the bike. I did see a Italian dealer on ebay but I'm a bit twitchy about any returns if there was a problem.

Thanks for the replies, the guy in the dealership did say the short cans are painfully loud, though I've no plans to track my bike other than the free day that came with the bike. I did see a Italian dealer on ebay but I'm a bit twitchy about any returns if there was a problem.

Why is it any different returning in the post to Italy, rather than via post to somewhere in the UK. I have normally found customer service from places outside the UK to be better.

I agree with Godzilla it's a lot of money to give a seller in another country but
I could not fault him also there is no difference in sending back plus don't forget
you should be protected by PayPal and also by your credit card if you pay this way

True. I've had Akra full systems on a Fireblade and an R1 going back over 10 years but prices have gone mad in the last few years. £700 I can just about swallow, any more and I'll stick with standard or wait for a 2nd hand system to turn up.

I got mine by walking into a Yamaha dealer in Farnborough and having a little barter. Got a long can, (titanium) full Akra (stainless), road legal for £925. That was almost 2 years ago when £1700 was list.

Latest posts

Back