Fuel cap barrel swap

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacersEdge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi - Its been a long time since I've been here but good to see so many familiar names! :)
As per the title, I need to swap the key barrel in my fuel filler cap into a new filler cap (Gen 3). A quick search doesn't reveal any "how to's" or anything obvious.
Has anyone had to do this, or are there any guides someone can point me at?
Many Thanks!

Hi,
If, and I've not tried it, its anything like the rear seat/hump, then it's a case of pushing in a release pin at the bottom, might need the key in and open too...
Should be able to do it with a flat blade and the key.

I don't have one to hand to confirm.

Thanks Alex! Took my old cap apart last night and it is indeed fairly straight forward to swap the barrel. The cap in general though seems way over engineered... lots of springs and plates etc. In putting everything back together though I had a roller left over.... Somehow it is preventing the cap from flopping back down again when you lift it up to fill, but when I took it apart again for the life of me I cant see how or where it goes :).
Oh well, when the new one arrives I shall just have to dismantle a little more carefully until I spot it.

Latest posts

Back