fork seals blown on my 2015

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cally1066

Reaction score
Just noticed a little puddle of oil on my garage floor wheel and tyre from the right fork seal on my 2015 sport im not amused with that , so far its had a new clutch micro switch ,a rubber seal from the frame to the nose cone wasn't fitted tidy from manufacturers and the heal guard on the left side swing arm wasn't stuck on tidy I feel like throwing the keys back at them

That sucks :( But the fork seals are quite worrying. Glad you noticed it!
Hope your persistence with her pays off soon.

That's shite luck mate. Ask to have the bike replaced.

That sounds like a Friday afternoon job, i agree with Marzy ask for replacement...

Not good, I'd be hopping mad if I'd had several issues in such a short time.
Im not sure you could get a replacement as I think they can rectify the problem first but obviously if it's ongoing then I think you're within your right to have replaced?

Your right loupe, you have to give them a chance to fix , think it is just a case of been unlucky ,
I picked a blade up a couple of years ago , brand new wheeled out of the showroom , loading on van and the fork seals were leaking . They took forks off another one to put on mine,

Fork seals are getting replaced today on both legs although only one is leaking so can't fault them for that , told them to make sure there's no oil on my pads either

At least it's getting done properly.
Just a heads up for anyone to check the oil cap on their new bike.I went for a run on Sunday and when I stopped I noticed oil over the engine, frame and exhaust as oil cap wasn't 100% tight. Just glad it wasn't open any more as it wouldn't take much more to have covered the tyre and wheel. Could have been nasty.

update,,,, they have now ordered me new fork legs from Germany that wont be here till next week so I wont be out on my bike this weekend, im pretty pissed of to be honest but my dealer is getting on to bmw to compensate me in some way, so lets see what they got to say

Latest posts

Back