For sale a like new AIM MXL2 datalogger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrIoannis

Reaction score
For sale an AIM MXL2 in like new condition
Price is 1500 shipped

Item details:
MXL2 is the dashlogger providing all the info needed by professional racers as well as by newbies.

The product has been designed with the aim to make configuration and usage smooth and easy,
either for amateurs and for people with sophisticated technical background.
A wide range of data sources
MXL2 acquires and displays data coming from your ECU, the internal accelerometer and gyro,
as well as from the GPS module included in the kit, analog/digital inputs and predefined math channels.
Performance and data acquired can also be incremented adding up to eight expansion modules.

You can connect it with the S1000RR and many other models.

6789010.jpg

"]
[/URL]

It will be delivered with a new 37 pins standard harness

There is a possibility to have a new 22 pin with the dash (260 pounds) which will expand even more the capabilities of the dash/datalogger.

how did you wire yours/this up as says on website not to remove stock dash (on the bmw s1k).i managed it on the gen2 easy enough with mine,but the gen3 has a lot more controls/info on the dash. pics of yur set up would be good if you had it on your bike

The last picture is from my bike. As you can see I also made a fuel channel and I can tell the quantity of the fuel in 0.1l accuracy.
I did remove the dash and had to connect a pin with another pin for the left switch to work. Everything else were working perfect. I am sure there are ways to connect it in Gen 3. You just need to search a bit.

i've had 1,and it was fitted to my gen2 with no issues,but the gen3 bikes are quite a lot different in that the dash does more,more options etc (not in wiring,but in what the dash actually does).

From what I've seen there is not a problem of showing the options etc on the AIM dash. You can easily adjust it to your and the bike's needs. You can even do more than the original dash.
For example by installing a pair of sensors like oil pressure and oil temperature you can easily check when your engine is in optimum temperature/pressure and this is crucial for our high performance bikes, especially in the track. You can easily program an alarm when this temperature is reached depending also from the RPM (HP4 Race has this in the 2d dash/telemetry). You can check your oil pump health etc. Generally a Dash/Datalogger is very useful and can provide many data for your bike. A friend of mine said...With a datalogger your bike can do a check up every day. And he is right.

as i said,i'm perfectly well aware of what it does,can do,is able to do,HAD ONE......(to be fair,apart from exteral sensors,it's capabilities are the same for any CAN based logging system)

but it would be remiss,to not let people know with it being a BMW forum,that Aim reccomend to not remove the stock dash,so to run in conjunction with the MXL2 (bit pointless but there you go).i'm also not saying it cant be fitted whilst removing the stock dash,again i know it works,i've bought it,fitted it,run it (albeit on a gen2.but my first point still stands.

oh and as far a health check goes,cant really get better than a GS unit,does so much more tests,real time especially

anyway,good luck with your sale

AIM recommends to not remove the stock dash to ANY of the new generation bikes (R1, Panigale etc) because you will not have some functions such as signals to turn left and right. It is a legal thing. The switch for turning can be managed another way if someone wants to add an aftermarket Dash/Datalogger.

i know,i've had many convo's with stefano from Aim

Yes he is very helpful. He always try to do his best. I even once asked him if they could increase the sample rate in some channels (front rear speed, DTC intervention...) and they did it in the next upgrade. I have nothing but good things to say about their support.

problem with high sample rate is it gives a very busy graph,i dont sample a anything above 20hz,even less on thing like suspension or its too busy,unless you add a filter afterwards,but that seems pointless

I use the higher sample rate for the traction control to check front/rear and DTC intervention. It is very interesting, almost intoxicating to work with telemetry in the track. There is always something new to learn and I could talk with a couple of friends for hours about the data of just one session. It is my best upgrade especially for the track since I did learn so much from it.

AIM recommends to not remove the stock dash to ANY of the new generation bikes (R1, Panigale etc) because you will not have some functions such as signals to turn left and right. It is a legal thing. The switch for turning can be managed another way if someone wants to add an aftermarket Dash/Datalogger.
This has changed now they’ve released the MXK10 for the Kawasaki. It’s a replacement for the stock dash.

This has changed now they’ve released the MXK10 for the Kawasaki. It’s a replacement for the stock dash.

Yes but those are not even close to the capabilities of the MXL2 (not as many options in extensions and sensors). The MXL2 is dash/datalogger. They are 2 different things. The capabilities of MXL2 is suitable even for professional racing. The connection with BMW S1000RR is really simple. Please check the above link with AIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back