Fitting track fairings-help needed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p-trax

Reaction score
I have a full set of 2012 fairings from these guys:

http://www.motogpricambi.com/

I purchased an MRA screen to fit the nose fairing, but it seems too narrow. There's not really enough inward flex in the fairing to fit.
in addition the air intake funnel doesn't appear to fit and the side panels do not line up with nose fairing mount points (about 5cm out!)
So far so crap

after numerous emails to the vendor, they refuse to accept there could be any problem with the fairings.
their advise was to buy their screen, €90 later the screen arrives and is even narrower than the MRA, there is absolutely no way it fits.

Again the vendor can only suggest user incompetence!

am I being a complete dork?

anyone experienced similar issues?
could it be that the nose is a pre 2012 unit ( I guess the real question is "are there any differences in the nose cone between years? - I thought it was just side panels?)

a picture of their custom screen held in position, not only is it too narrow, but the mounting lugs are at totally the wrong angle, which you can sort of see in the second pic

2447c7433081a8aadb01f1cc14bb717a.jpg

cf4eea0407806836e57ed478bd6525bf.jpg

dont know if i have looked at this right but it looks like they have sent you the screen off one year and the fairing off another

your screen fits this

bmw s1000 rr motosport melendri 2012.jpg

and your fairing is this

bmw s 1000 vtr carena anteriore.jpg

click on pics for bigger

just my thought

Had the same problems with CRC fairings. Nothing fitted nicely. They were such a poor fit I sent 2 sets back. Much like you, I was to blame due to my fitting skills and not the fairngs.

Iv been fitting fairngs for years, the fairngs I had were shit and it certainly wasn't down to my fitting skills.

Try and and get a refund and go for a different make.

Did you Pay using Paypal ?
If so Raise a Complaint through them to get a Refund.

i bought the dr161 from ricambi and a £20 dubble bubble from hong kong. The fairing i have to say was a good fit, just needed trimming top edge of belly pan around cases and side fairing around frame, wasnt rocket science. The screen fitted the fairing (with a little flexing) but had to cut off the bottom end (like the mra) coz it flicked up like a ducks beak lol ! No big deal, i figured as it was track wasnt important......

Attachments

• 01022013541.jpg
    01022013541.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 84
its slow going isnt it , gotta cut out for my side stand now , doing that i lose the only bracket hole at that point so gotta do some inventing , what a ballache

0FD003A1-1F36-4414-B1EB-744830813BE6-272-0000001263B710F1_zps11d4ede9.jpg

Hello, now we did new fairings for s 1000 rr and now there aren't problems. Sometimes with some BMW there were problems on the fitting, but now is everything ok.

Hello, now we did new fairings for s 1000 rr and now there aren't problems. Sometimes with some BMW there were problems on the fitting, but now is everything ok.

In which case i strongly suggest you give P-Trax a FULL refund and/or supply him with the bodywork that you now say does fit.

I dont mean to gang up on this company and i respect the fact theyve come on here and replied to the issue directly - but i hope they resolve the problems p-trax is having in a satisfactory manner - they will gain a lot more on here by doing so. Good luck with it.

Hi p-trax, i know this is an old thread, but i'm looking into track fairings now and was wondering if they replaced the poor fitting fairings, and what the fit was like on the new ones? thanks
Dave

i respect the fact theyve come on here and replied to the issue directly - but i hope they resolve the problems p-trax is having in a satisfactory manner - they will gain a lot more on here by doing so. Good luck with it.
yeh fair play for replying on here . and like Hoops said, resolve problems and you'll gain lots of respect and and more sales . everyones a winner :) .. hopefully :)

Not a lot of help but I've suffered problems with various race fairings.

For me I will only ever buy Alpha or Cruciata.

Both makes fit perfectly

Davy

I just received another set, for 150squid and a 'little' trimming they're good enough for track

Attachments

• Krout and R1 Almeria.jpg
    Krout and R1 Almeria.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 39
I just received another set, for 150squid and a 'little' trimming they're good enough for track

Hi bananaman
what make/ where did you get those from? was that just for the main fairings? i'm after tail/seat and tank cover too!
cheers
dave

Back