Fitting hp rear sets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren jones

Reaction score
Hi all just bought some hp rear sets they look easy to fit but unsure on the shift assist part it just undo and just bolt back on without using the other parts in the box. Also anyone give a link to a video to see. The angles can be changed on the pegs I know this is personnel preference but anyone put the angles they have on there plus maybe a pic. Thanks in advance Darren

Hi. I'm not aware of any video, but, if I understand you right, yes "just undo and just bolt back on without using the other parts in the box" is correct.

FYI, I downloaded the Service Manual to get all my info. I think that you can still get it for free from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/si...07-2012%29.zip
However, I think that this is the main pic and instructions that you are referring to though:

HP Footrest.jpg

Hold footrest system (1) in position at the mounting points.
Install screws (2).
Tightening torques
Footrest system, left, to frame
M8 x 20
19 Nm
Place washers (3) in position and hold shift assistant (4) in position.
Install screws (5).
Tightening torques
Selector rod to gearbox/gearshift lever
M6 x 20, Replace screw
Thread-locking compound (Micro-encapsulated)
8 Nm
Push protective caps (6) into position.
Make sure that the ball joints are aligned with each other.
When installed, the shift assistant must be vertical relative to the aperture in the main frame

If you have any trouble, just PM me your email address and I'll send you the full instructions in a PDF (the forum won't let me upload a large doc).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back