Fitting a tailtidy with LED indicators

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alol

Reaction score
Hi just bought a tailtidy from SP engineering, As alluded to in another thread didn't wish to cut numberplate light (evotech) so went for this. Annoyingly Instructions obviously inadequate if bike has LED indicator option as i see the multiplug connector does not release the indicators. Looking at other threads the LED connectors cannot be split?Therefore I guess i am correct in assuming that dissembly will be to take the indicators apart at their end. Looks a tad more fiddly as it has to be done with the OEM item in situ. Is this correct and anything else to be aware of?

Thanks

I don't have an sp tail tidy but looking at their website they feature the tail tidy with led indicators and they state no cutting or splicing required. Are you saying you can't unplug the rear led indicators? They plug into the bike under the rear seat cowl.

If you look under the seat there are the connectors for the indicators and the tail light, if you unplug them all you can feed them all out through the hole in the lower part of the cowling, once stripped out you can fit them into the new tail tidy and then feed the wires back in as you fit up the tail tidy.
For fitting the brake light if you strip the light down you can remove the bulb holder and then this allows it to be fitted without cutting any wiring.

Yes but i cannot seem to prise the indicator connectors apart

On one of the sides of each plug there is a small tooth about half way down the plug that locks the two ends in place. Gently lever the plastic lip up with a small flat head screwdriver so the tooth is clear of the hole it was in and the two ends will gently come apart.

Hi, i cannot seem to split the indicator connectors. How do they split? Just watched a youtube vid of a bloke fitting an R&G tail tidy to an S1000RR and he splits them but the camera isn't close up. Knowing my penchant for ham fistedness reticent to proceed until i am sure.

Thanks

Cheers pal. Put the std one back on my RSV4 prior to px for the Beemer last week and that was more fiddly than this with the bolts etc but the connectors were a doddle.

bb33dda0469bce8ce498217fa72c7007.jpg

9a7d857c2a60c7159d82a248daf8406c.jpg

11ebd06b4d0511000e45ea8fd243e199.jpg

d9e62b9d7072d4920b4ed21726eba79b.jpg

Thanks Pal, I'll crack on with it after work tonight

Last edited:
I have installed the tidy from SP engineering on my 2016 model and have done it without any splicing as shown in the pictures of Soofsayer. Only problem I had was that the holes in the tidy where to big for the head of the screws so I had to put some rings between it.

I had a ride to Matlock today so i thought that with amount of potential "heat" about i would leave the std size plate on so i did not fit the tidy. Will do tomorrow!

If it's on an older model you will need the adapter harness to retro fit rear LED indicators available from BMW or there's one on EBay.

Hi it's a 16 model so i should be ok, When i finally get around it doing it (that is!)

Latest posts

Back