Finally got Op

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
As some of you who have met me might know I have been waiting to get my Gall bladder removed for some time and it has been affecting my life due to pain.

It is out now having been removed yesterday at 9 AM, in hospital just now looking like Dexter with a blood soaked gown over my ever decreasing belly.

Worst bit is been told not to ride bikes for at least 4 weeks or drive a car for at least 2 weeks.
Only bonus is Ryder cup starts this week and I'm taking a month off work. Some might sat I have done this 9 times this year already.

Genuinley relieved to have it out as anyone who has suffered similar will know.

I will NOT be posting photos of me in surgical stockings no matter how many times Beavis begs me, lol.

JimmyMac

That's a bit extreme just to get some time of to watch the Ryder cup Jimmy, hope it's gone alright and your back on your feet soon. Who do you fancy Europe or the yanks?

Glad you're on the mend but in 4 weeks we could be in the grip of winter:cold:

Heart says Europe Budgie, overconfidence has fouled up the USA team more than once, fantastic individuals but a bit lacking in teamwork. Expect some behind the scenes fall outs if recent Ryder Cups are anything to go by.
Ross, I ride all year as I have a GS Adventure too, been known to take it out on the snow so a cold snap doesn't bother me. As long as its dry I love taking the HP out too.

Hope to get out here later today, it's doing my nut in.

JimmyMac

get well soon jimmy , enjoy having the missus running about after you for a couple of weeks

get well soon jimmy , enjoy having the missus running about after you for a couple of weeks

Cheers Davy, she'll struggle to up her game, I've been getting breakfast in bed for the past 26 years. She's old fashioned like that.

Can't wait for the golf to start.

JimmyMac

I've been getting breakfast in bed for the past 26 years. She's old fashioned like that.

Does she have a younger sister??

Get well soon bud.... don't rush your recovery.... could end in pain later down the line.... Knee problems myself.. was told to bed rest for atleast 10 days.... bandages off in 2 days and now paying the price :-(

Last edited:
Get well soon Jimmy. I know you were hoping to get it sorted out so glad its finally been removed. Enjoy the break.

Haha, she does have a younger sister but wouldn't get the same service from her.....
Sorry to hear about your knee, I will listen to to the Doctors but hope to be in the saddle as soon as I can. Just got the drain pulled out my abdomen it was about 18" long. Felt weird.

JimmyMac

Cheers Davy, she'll struggle to up her game, I've been getting breakfast in bed for the past 26 years. She's old fashioned like that.

Can't wait for the golf to start.

JimmyMac

your a very lucky man jimmy , my wife could burn a salad lol, but she's ace at everything else. the only down side is she dosnt like bikes........

Last edited:
Jimmy, take it easy and a speedy recovery, I had mine removed a couple of weeks ago and ended up back in and out of hospital 4 times with the same pain as gaul stone pain.
I have been warned not to eat butter or chocolate and try to eat low fat, whilst this is boring it has kept me out of hospital for 7 weeks.
I think my problem was i had it removed and thought great, spicy food cheese and all the other bad food, well my body hit back with the pain that crippled me each time.

Take it easy and introduce nice food steadily.

Regards

Dave

Get well soon Jimmy.. glad the op went well my man. By tbe sounds of it youll be right as pretty quickly. Ill be watching the golf from 1st drive to final putt same as you... get a wee bell and some fishing line... give it a pull and ding ding her into action when you need a drink or some scran.

Sent from Galaxy S7

As some of you who have met me might know I have been waiting to get my Gall bladder removed for some time and it has been affecting my life due to pain.

It is out now having been removed yesterday at 9 AM, in hospital just now looking like Dexter with a blood soaked gown over my ever decreasing belly.

Worst bit is been told not to ride bikes for at least 4 weeks or drive a car for at least 2 weeks.
Only bonus is Ryder cup starts this week and I'm taking a month off work. Some might sat I have done this 9 times this year already.

Genuinley relieved to have it out as anyone who has suffered similar will know.

I will NOT be posting photos of me in surgical stockings no matter how many times Beavis begs me, lol.

JimmyMac

Go on , you said you would 😂

Latest posts

Back