European mainland trackday advice.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick753

Reaction score
Ok so having decided to get back into track riding having not done much now for a number of years other than a quick dust off at Knockhill in September I want to look at organising a trip to Spain in 2017 for myself and some of my mates, I am planning on using one of the trackday companies like Focused or someone like that (unless anyone has any strong suggestions) and will be travelling from the Edinburgh area.

Anyone up this neck of the woods got any advice on who to use, general outlay for a a few days on track as a package and getting the bikes shipped over, flights and transfers etc.

Obviously it's a bit different from your average lads holiday and it's not like you can just walk into a travel agent and get this squared away but I will likely get the ball dropped with me to organise this on behalf of the others so wouldn't mind a bit of an idiots guide to what, where, how blah blah blah :D

Thanks in advance and before anyone says "why leave it till 2017?" One of the guys would need to give his other half that much notice much is her disdain for anything he does on a motorbike :D

European Trackdays

I generally use No Limits and Focused Events for European trackdays and I would recommend both organisers. You are unlikely to find any 2017 dates until this time next year as they are both now only confirming 2016 events. You will find plenty of information on both companies' websites. Dependant on circuit location, budget between ?500-?800 for track time and then additional costs for flights, fuel and tyres etc.

Re: European Trackdays

Cheers for the input, the dates at this moment in time are largely irrelevant as looking at the 2016 dates I/We can generally "aim off" for a month in the calender in 2017 based on what is already available in 2016 (and hope for the best! :D ).

I am already seeing costs of around ?455-?600 for the likes of Almeria and Portimao (time of year dependent).

I see costs of around ?190 for us in the Edinburgh area to cover the transport of our bikes and kit from Glasgow to the main pickup prior to them being moved over to the mainland.

Now given that covers the cost of the event and the accommodation (in terms of B&B only) that suggests we are looking to add to this flights and transfers, food, fuel and any tyres we need when out there.

So on that, which are the better circuits to use in terms of getting to and from them from the UK (preferably via Edinburgh or Glasgow) and also from the closest airports over the other side?

Ideally I am looking to try to throw something together for a group of at least 4 or 5 of us but that group will include a couple of complete novices when it comes to trackdays and I want/need to minimise the messing around as much as possible at least so they can just concentrate on enjoying the trackday rather than worrying about how they are getting there and back :D

I have been on 10 European track days in the last 10 years. All have been at Almeria in Southern Spain. Love the track, love the area and all with Focused Events. They run it tight with no mucking about and no wheelie's. Going again next year, but there is a new track 100 metre's from Almeria circuit called Circuito de Andalucia. Will be completing 2 day's at Almeria and 2 day's at Andalucia next Sept. Can't bloody wait.....

Where is the nearest airport and what options are there for getting to and from the airport to the B&B's ??

Where is the nearest airport and what options are there for getting to and from the airport to the B&B's ??

We fly into Almeria airport from Gatwick for ?180 return. 40 mins to the hotel at Mojacar with similar time to the track. Pick up a hire car from the airport around ?240 including fuel.

Also,for Almeria/Andalucia and Cartagena you can fly to Alicante or Murcia.Check various flight dates/airports as air fares can vary.You may find that by flying a day or so before,or after,that it,s cheaper to stay longer in the hotel(or a different hotel,as there are lots of them).

If you are in a group then hire car charges can be quite reasonable when split between you.

Ive just booked aragon for next yr. We are flying into zaragoza 110 return. ?100 more than i paid for 4 days at cartagena and alcarrass but its a gp circuit.

Ive just booked aragon for next yr. We are flying into zaragoza 110 return. ?100 more than i paid for 4 days at cartagena and alcarrass but its a gp circuit.

If it's May your going, see you there? :)

Latest posts

Back