Ending to a previous thread. 160 mph speeder

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit I love going fast but a bit concerned about the ability to go so fast in low gears on the S1Krr. Wouldn't/couldn't blame anyone else tho.

at one point its indicating 119 mph and on the road its marked as a 30mph limit..............not much wrong with that :saturn: at about 58 seconds.

As for the chap caught for 160 boys will always be boys :)

The guy can ride, the trouble is he's doing it past junctions, oncoming traffic etc where everybody else isn't 'on it'. So for me its not the actual speed he's doing that's an issue but the risk he's running of smacking into someone else going about their business in those built up areas. I've seen a bike hit a pedestrian at 50mph (I was following it) and I can tell you its not a pretty sight.

The guy can ride, the trouble is he's doing it past junctions, oncoming traffic etc where everybody else isn't 'on it'. So for me its not the actual speed he's doing that's an issue but the risk he's running of smacking into someone else going about their business in those built up areas. I've seen a bike hit a pedestrian at 50mph (I was following it) and I can tell you its not a pretty sight.

Doing that kind of speed in a 30 in this day and age is asking for bubba to anally intrude you, but with that said his biggest crime was to video it and put it on youtube for that reason I think he's a bit of a knob :)

Ah yes I know who you mean, had another similar vid. up on here didn't he

he did indeed mac, the vid is quite old 4 years plus, I think if something like that was posted now it would be different. you live and learn I suppose..... plus their is no implication who was riding in the vid just who posted it.

years ago some lad was filmed doing wheelies on a dual carriage way little to no traffic etc.I think it was a R6 not that much of a big deal IMO, the law happened to pop round to his house for another reason , noise I think, they ask do you know why we are here, his reply the video I put on youtube.......... think he had his bike crushed, did a bit of clink as well 2 months maybe, all a bit over the top but clearly it's just not smart ever putting that stuff out there.

don't get me wrong I can be just as knobbish as the next :)

Lucky guy getting a fine , ban and community service. I've got a clipping in my garage from a few years ago of a guy doing 164 in The Scottish Borders and he got 9 months.

Stealing bikes gets you community service but speeding can put you in jail, makes no sense!

Not that 160 mph on public roads is a good idea.

I don't see the fascination with really high top end speed on the road, it's not exactly a skill to twist the throttle open. I rode a few times with a guy who would always say to me at the next stop 'you are faster than me in the corners but I am faster than you on the straights', he was, and probably still is a muppet.
+1.... Like it :eagerness:

Last edited:
As I have said each to their own.... but ..( and I am probably opening a can of worms here...) what's the point of having a bike that will do 180mph + to ride about at 100 ish? these things will do nearly 100mph if first gear!...... seems mad never to use the potential from time to time and yes the track would be better but there are not many uk tracks where you can top out one of these out ( i may be wrong) plus most of these bike spend the majority of time on the road. but again each to their own.

Any coppers on here. Interesting to hear their views. Ie wat would they do if they someone came flying past them?

I know of one snow , he's a really good guy ( apart from once being a cop) lol he might pop along......

On the subject of the first post , I think the guy was very lucky to get away with a ban and fine , if he had been charged with dangerous driving he would have been looking at a few months in prison up his arse.

He was done for dangerous. You can't be tried for speeding in the Crown Court, and you can't get community service for speeding.

thanks Andy didn't know that , he must have had some lawyer and mitigating circumstances............. extremely lucky guy.

The indictment would have been at the magistrates' court, but it couldn't have been for speeding.

Just because it is written in the local rag, it does not mean that it is accurate.

Latest posts

Back