Ending to a previous thread. 160 mph speeder

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The list below the item shows the worst speeders, should that not read best speeders?

I have to admit I am in the Clarkson camp when it comes to speeding, and I would be a hypocrite to suggest I am always at or below the legal limit, but 160 is taking the piss. I dont think he was on this forum?

I have to admit I am in the Clarkson camp when it comes to speeding, and I would be a hypocrite to suggest I am always at or below the legal limit, but 160 is taking the piss.
Same here, I like to push on but not on dual carraigeways or motorways as I feel like an easy targets. As you politely put it '160 is taking the Piss'.
I think Mr Anthony is lucky he only got a year ban.

I've been on that section of A47 a few times, good visibility but not that quiet, not the most obvious place to safely whack it up to 160...

i thought 1 year ban and ?400 fine is a decent outcome for him

i thought 1 year ban and ?400 fine is a decent outcome for him

Plus 150 hours of community service plus retake his licence.

I dont imagine many insurers will want to take him on if he passes the retake?

Sure it could be worse I guess?

Yea id of thought i was going to prison if it was me

If you do speed then you have to accept, if caught, the punishment.

One theme that seem to be occurring quite regularly, is the perceived sarcastic and inflammatory comments by certain members of Police Forces using Twitter hashtags and media spin.

The Police do, at times, a difficult job but I expect them to be professional and not give their sarcastic comments via Twitter. I have no problem with a Police tweet stating a 'rider has been booked for speeding' but not saying things like the 'nice bike, rider booked'

[emoji239][emoji239][emoji239][emoji239][emoji239][emoji239][emoji239]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The owner of the bike is on a S1000RR Facebook group, unsure about the chap who was caught though.
It was raised in discussion only a couple of weeks ago.

Apparently it was only in 4th gear. Not surprising when 3rd can do over 138mph ..!
I remember in 2010 when I was 17 just passed both mods of bike test & my dad tried the original BMW S1000RR. He said it was too easy to sit at silly speeds & wouldn't be able to own one for fear of that ^^^ happening

Last edited:
whilst were on it, whats your thoughts on this? https://youtu.be/LbpVCawjDxU came up on honda fireblde facebook group. some are slating it. i think its not too bad. a bit of dodgy overtaking and some crossing of white lines as well as slightly too fast through the built up areas but apart from that seems about right. :)

On the subject of the first post , I think the guy was very lucky to get away with a ban and fine , if he had been charged with dangerous driving he would have been looking at a few months in prison up his arse. I got a 400 quid fine and 3 month ban for just over 100mph in a 60 limit.
personally I don't think 160mph is taking the piss , there's a time a place for everything. it's down to personal choice and risk.

I don't see the fascination with really high top end speed on the road, it's not exactly a skill to twist the throttle open. I rode a few times with a guy who would always say to me at the next stop 'you are faster than me in the corners but I am faster than you on the straights', he was, and probably still is a muppet.

I guess that rider is a bit keen to pick up the soap in the showers?

Am sure the guy is a muppet soof, and your right no skill required but I still love top speed runs cant beat the buzz, but each to their own, I feel am plenty quick in corners too so it's a win win.

me and my missis try to keep a cap at 100mph on the straights and carriageways and fair game on the twisty's. my missis prefers to go a little slower and get her knees down. mind you this winds my mates up that cant do it.lol

I'm one of those guys ... I have (or had until recently) a set of 18 year old knee sliders that looked like they day I bought them. I do plan on fixing that this year though - hence why I bought an s1k - I have absolutely no excuse now (and trust me, I'm one of the worlds best at finding reasons *not* to do something :) )

If any of you seasoned 'vets' (not animal doctors) want a willing but totally useless subject to frustrate and infuriate you in exchange for a few beers - then shout up!

whilst were on it, whats your thoughts on this? https://youtu.be/LbpVCawjDxU came up on honda fireblde facebook group. some are slating it. i think its not too bad. a bit of dodgy overtaking and some crossing of white lines as well as slightly too fast through the built up areas but apart from that seems about right. :)

at one point its indicating 119 mph and on the road its marked as a 30mph limit..............not much wrong with that :saturn: at about 58 seconds.

As for the chap caught for 160 boys will always be boys :)

Latest posts

Back