Electronic trickery???

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie

Reaction score
Random one this...

Halfway through a run today (2015 model), the right indicators stopped working, along with the full beam and horn. All other functions worked as expected. The icons even illuminated on the dash (when you pressed the headlight switch, for example), but nothing at the indicators or main beam.

An hour later (after the bike was turned off), all returned to normal.

Anyone else experienced this? Could understand if it was the switch gear, but why would the left hand indicators work, and not the right? If it was the switchgear, surely nothing would work.

Last edited:
I haven't learnt enough to know everything with these bikes yet! Possibly connections or relays if they are used. I will have to buy an official garage servicing/maintenance manual to be accurate.

Switchgear doesn't have to be everything on the switch not working. But I don't think it's that because the dash responded.

Not had it. All those are on the right of the bike though. Could be wiring as the canbus is multi circuit

Controller Area Network as far as I've read in the owners manual is the communication between sensors for EWS, ABS, ASC, DDC, DDT, VDS. Don't know about the lights yet though.

Thanks for the responses so far. Good point re them all being on the RHS. Will keep an eye on it.

Back