Eazi grip or stomp grip

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
As title, I had stomp grip on my last bike but wondered if anyone had used eazi grip instead?
is it better?

Can't say I've used stomp grip, but I fitted eazi grip to my bike last year with no issues and it was a bit cheaper than stomp,grip. As you'll be aware,,taking your time, getting a helping hand and cleaning the area properly all help. Oh and a tennis ball,for smoothing down worked a treat

Had stomp grip on last couple of bikes, then the wife got me some easi grip for Christmas 2013 ( because it was cheaper)
Application was really easy but I didn't get the same grip level, I actually felt like I was slipping off the side of the bike.
3 trackdays just to make sure, and I replaced it with stomp grip.
Needless to say my awesome 2012 s1000rr has stomp grip :positive: . Massive difference to me, but then i'm getting on a bit now and the legs aren't what they used to be.

Had stomp grip on last couple of bikes, then the wife got me some easi grip for Christmas 2013 ( because it was cheaper)
Application was really easy but I didn't get the same grip level, I actually felt like I was slipping off the side of the bike.
3 trackdays just to make sure, and I replaced it with stomp grip.
Needless to say my awesome 2012 s1000rr has stomp grip :positive: . Massive difference to me, but then i'm getting on a bit now and the legs aren't what they used to be.

I've never tried Stomp, but I have Eazi Grip via R&G and I agree. I don't feel that it's anything more than a paint protector. I am tempted to remove it and replace with Stomp, as I feel it's one of the things hampering my confidence on track.

Hmm stomp It now is then. I've got nothing at the moment and really feel the difference with sliding on the tank.

I think there are 2 types of Eazi Grip...so lets me clear.
I have these, which are quite smooth
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/BMW/S1000RR/2012/EZRG104.aspx
This version with bumps IS NOT what I have;
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motor...s1000rr/eazi-grip-motorcycle-tank-grips-black

So I expect the bumpy version is like a stomp grip...but alas I have smooth and it's just not grippy enough.
I had the demon tweeks version ( bumpy ) ... the stomp grip is much more conical and raised. I believe the R&G grip is more like emery cloth but I have no experience of that one i'm afraid.

Always had stomp, well pleased, as the devil said (gray666) my ol knees aint what they used to be lol, heard reports of the easy so stayed clear. That's not to say they are no good 'cos I've not tried them...

Last edited:
I use stomp so can't comment on eazi grip! only down side to stomp is it's killing my nice new held leathers :(

ive had both and they both work as good as each other but the stomp dose damage your leather.if your not 6 1/2 foot tall then you wont need much on the tank.you need some on the small infill panels and thats about it.

Last edited:
And after all this stompgrip is not available for the 2015 model yet! I could buy for the last bike and modify but will just wait till it's released.

Just fitted TechSpec SnakeSkins to my bike this afternoon. Can't wait to test :biggrin-new:
TechSpec.jpg

Back