Ear plugs and music

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRS463

Reaction score
Well got my ultimate soundear today and used them on the way home. I have ridden with other earphones before but could hear the bike still, however these virtually kill all the sound and the music is all you can hear.

A very weird experience, music good but the quietness strange and noticed the vibrations more on the bike and a little more difficult to judge speeds at take off, suppose I'll get used to it.

Anyone else have experience of them?

I dont think id want music playing in my ears when im on the bike I think that would fook with my concentration lol

I know a few folk who listen to their iPhones while riding but not for me. Engine and exhaust noise is enough for me!

I had a headset system in my last shoei that I could play music and answer my phone but never cancelled out all road and bike noise, that's just dangerous IMHO. You need t
Know heats going on around you at all times

Headphones not the smartest idea on a bike. But if you are going to, you need to be able to hear what's going on around you.

Turned the music down this morning and a lot better, could hear the cars, bit of wind noise and that exhaust note so a better experience than the first try. Mainly using it when on motorways for the sat nav.

Turned the music down this morning and a lot better, could hear the cars, bit of wind noise and that exhaust note so a better experience than the first try. Mainly using it when on motorways for the sat nav.

After riding home tonight it is the same noise level as my schuberth sr1 after diving when my ears feel blocked.

Forgot to say earlier that the sensation of loosing a sense seems to make the others sharper. Having to wear earplugs at work occasionally its the same feeling when walking round with dulled hearing.

As I'm blessed with funny shaped ear canals, standard foam plugs don't stay in for me so I use ultimate ears.

I'm on my second set now having had the latest moulded at the excel show earlier this year. Whilst I've never used the ones with built in headphones (tried listening to music a few times but find myself riding WAY too fast in time with the music) the normal ones are very good for keeping the noise down without blocking it out completely as I like hearing what's going on around me.

Latest posts

Back