Drill Press Required..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Evening all !.. Is anyone selling a drill press, I'm in the hunt for one.

I'm struggling with this RS4 Caliper sheared nipple, purchased a Wurth Timesert kit today which was mega ouch, called the Scottish account manager to see about a discount and got a free first-class post [emoji31]... I'm not drilling down freehand, this must be done right, no second chances with a squint hole on this one.

Gimme a shout if you're in the drill press game.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Need a press Keith, most bench options don't have the workspace clearance of around 400mm, I'll have to stand the caliper on its head and drill straight down, I need circa 335mm on the caliper plus say 50 mil on a drill bit, so 400mm, got my eye on a Record Pillar drill, it's at 180 quid just now and ends tomorrow, guys got a 300 reserve on it..its a minter and costs 550 new..

So we'll see how that goes. 300 would be my top end budget.. within reason there is no restriction chuck to table..its over 1 mtr..
5bc9a05fc9ff3c904445a01b3aeb8e30.jpg

It's something I would use again, a couple of lads are interested in getting their calipers overhauled, the biggest problem with these Brembo Calipers is the mixed material, steel fixing into the alloy body, particularly at road wheel level is just a total headache.

I'll see how mine end up, pretty sure I can get them looking like new. The badly drawn Red Arrow should be pointing at the flat return side just out of shot..
6769353b2c580e9b003fdd68df3fba6c.jpg

Last edited:
I won that Pillar Drill on Ebay is anyone passing that way (2 mins from M6 ) South of Kendall and heading up to Scotland at all ?

Total long shot but thought it worth asking.

Will pay for carriage/fuel etc.

Last edited:
I won that Pillar Drill on Ebay is anyone passing that way (2 mins from M6 ) South of Kendall and heading up to Scotland at all ?

Total long shot but thought it worth asking.

Will pay for carriage/fuel etc.

Awesome ! Did you get it cheap in the end? I keep thinking about one, very handy at times .

I think it was fair, ?300.00 reserve it's virtually unused and 2 years old, very handy at times as you say.

If I don't use it much I'm confident I'll get my money back.

They are around 550 delivered new.

Back