Does your S1000RR give you a buzz?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyingscotsman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
...well in the obvious sense it should, unless you are doing something wrong or its in limp mode. :)

What I mean is with the ignition on, but engine not running, and after the clocks test & fuel pump primes, is there a buzzing noise?

Mine has a fairly clear buzzing noise like a loud transformer humming type of sound. Everything works fine & no error codes with GS-911.

Do you have a similar noise?

Buzzing

Yes; my 2015 S1000RR buzzes once the ignition is turned on, and continues to do so, prior to starting the engine.

Pretty sure it's the fuel pump priming and mine does too.

My bike has suddenly developed this buzzing noise when I turn the ignition on. I’m pretty sure it was not there before. I am used to a few electronic click noises when the ignition is on but then the bike used to be silent until I started the engine. Now I get this really loud buzzing noise which is continuous and I believe it continues once the engine is started. When the ignition is turned off it goes after about twenty seconds, I presume when the canbus shuts everything down. Some times on turning the ignition off the noise stops as the bike shuts down and then it starts up again for about another twenty seconds. Any thoughts. I am quite concerned as in the morning I’m leading my bike club on an all day run and I’m worried that I shouldn’t be riding it.

The buzzing noise developed into a fizzing crackling noise similar to a loose wire crackling. I took the bike to Bahnstormer who very kindly assessed it at the time and repaired it. Apparently it was the exhaust valve flap that was causing all the problems and that it had been connected instead of being left disconnected when I had the full titanium Akrapovic system fitted. They disconnected it all and the noise has gone. Unfortunately as I rode away i noticed the engine warning light is permanently lit. I will call them on Monday to see if there is any way it can be turned off.

Re: Buzzing

Good to know that this is normal ! Maybe in the next gen BMW will install noise cancelling :)
Hi Rob. My old RC8R used to make strange noises. I asked the KTM forum about it and one wag suggested the following: "Put your ear against the engine case, rev it to the red line a few times, repeat with the other ear and you'll not hear any more strange noises".
Grreat. H

The buzzing noise developed into a fizzing crackling noise similar to a loose wire crackling. I took the bike to Bahnstormer who very kindly assessed it at the time and repaired it. Apparently it was the exhaust valve flap that was causing all the problems and that it had been connected instead of being left disconnected when I had the full titanium Akrapovic system fitted. They disconnected it all and the noise has gone. Unfortunately as I rode away i noticed the engine warning light is permanently lit. I will call them on Monday to see if there is any way it can be turned off.

Sounds like they may have rotated one of the servo motor plates, when the cables are disconnected one has to be careful not to rotate the plate

Back