Difficulty selecting neutral

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonOrsborn

Reaction score
.....well, not really difficult but just a bit problematic.

At a complete stop, even with light pressure it's going straight from 1st to 2nd. Takes a bit of faffing about. Not as easy as my old gixxer box.

I tend to select neutral rolling to a stop, when I know I'm gonna be stopped for a while and even that itn't perfectly simple every time.

Do you also have this problem and does it improve with age and miles on the engine? S1000RR 2013 with ~1,200 miles on it.

I had the same issue, took it back to dealer and adjusted the clutch slightly, was fine for a while now its coming back

It's also felt a bit weird a couple of times from 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th (I think) when fully on it. Slight hesitation, even though I was getting on near the redline. Normally it's silky smooth when cracking on through the gears.

Its just the way they are lol my 2012 was like it and my 2015 is also like it

I had a few problems in the first few tries but I've found if I do a "half hearted" effort and wait a nano second before trying to shift again then it slots in. I've had it change to neutral just when I'm thinking about trying to do it again on several occasions.

Getting the hang of it now. Just a quirk of the bike I guess. Gear selection seems fine once on the move.

Back