Diablo Super Bike App

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
Thanks to Alex for highlighting this app in another thread. I tried it out yesterday and thought it was rather good so a thread for it seems a good idea.

The app couldn't be simpler. Open it on the phone, start the session, lock the phone, and ride off. Do the opposite at the other end and I get a mapped trip log with speed and lean at each place.

It's obviously not anywhere near as accurate as the real deal racing stuff you can buy but it is only a bit of fun.

Anyway, on my ride home yesterday on a fantastic route through the Derbyshire Dales the app seemed to have me going a bit quicker than Hutchy managed so far this week, lol:

Start Session10/06/2015 - 18:16
End Session10/06/2015 - 20:35
Time139:18
Distance186.44 Km
Maximum Speed394.33 Km/h
Average Speed80.36 Km/h
Maximum Angle of Roll38.78 ?
TyreNO TYRE
BikeBMW K 1300 R (6.00 rim)

Because the pirelli portal keeps your sessions (if you want) I think it is going to be useful for business trip mileage logs etc, as well as the odd ride testing out those lean angles :).

Nice one.

I'm not sure about mounting the phone in a RAM Mount for a track day...how was yours mounted for this trip?
Under the rear seat lacks the space with the alarm in there.

I was on my other bike yesterday for commuting, had the phone in my pocket so the lean won't be 100%. I was going to use the x-grip with the phone tethered to the yoke as it works really well on the sthou. Wasn't too keen on under the seat or anywhere hard fixed to the bike, unless bubble wrapped or cushioned, the vibes would destroy it? What do you think?

I strapped the iPhone in the boot of my old CB1R for track sessions on smooth tarmac. Worked fine.
I can probably get it to sit on the alarm (in a case) only issue is annoyance factor of having to put it in there and pull it out again. There will be a massive pause in the recordings at either end!
I have a new Ram Mount Water Case on order...that will work but will mean the Drift Camera will not be on the same (which isn't a disaster).

Latest posts

Back