Desmo

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCullenRR

Reaction score
Went a run yesterday to Oban and on the way back I was behind a Ducati Desmosidicci, what a peice of kit! Sounds ridiculously good!! Only ever the second time I've seen one on the road! Was quite happy to simply follow it and admire!

If Money was no option it is probably the bike I would most like to have!!

It will be interesting to see what Ducati come up with as they are supposedly building a V4 again, if it sounds half as good as a desmo it will be a good seller.

Went a run yesterday to Oban and on the way back I was behind a Ducati Desmosidicci, what a peice of kit! Sounds ridiculously good!! Only ever the second time I've seen one on the road! Was quite happy to simply follow it and admire!

If Money was no option it is probably the bike I would most like to have!!

I was daydreaming behind a couple of Italian registered Ducatis at a set of traffic lights at the TT in 2016 near the Crosby Hotel, they were loaded to the max with camping gear and I gave the two riders massive respect for riding over from Italy loaded like that. Wasn't until they pulled away and I heard the roar that I realised one was a Desmo and the other a Superlegga, I couldn't believe the shit that was covering the bikes as they must have been ridden through a fair few rain storms to get to the island. My respect for the two riders went through the roof for using such bikes for the job they were bought for.

You are right Greg, that would be high on my list too, other than the fact Gordon Ramsey (W@ncer, liar) has one, lol.

I'm going to try to find my GoPro footage as I was recording them at the time. Still the only one I have seen on the road.

JimmyMac

The sound from the one I followed on Saturday was delightful!!! The guy was just riding pretty smooth! First one I ever seen was at the TT 2015 and he was gunning it!! They still fetch pretty much there asking price from when they first went on sale in 2008 (think that was when they first went on sale)

I actually think they have one on display at the new Ducati Glasgow showroom 🤔

Will be interesting to see what they do with this rumoured V4 they're bringing out .. No doubt it'll be around the 25Grand mark! I've read a few rumours online that there will be a homoglation V4 999cc R model and V4 1199cc road going machine!

Been scanning my footage Greg and it wasn't 2016 it was 2015 and it was an Italian reg in red and white rather than the pure red one. I never got the Superlegga on film as I only started recording after I clicked what they were, I've just relived sitting behind it for the last few minutes, awesome.

When I work out how to screen dump a Mac I'll stick a photo up.

JimmyMac

Was up at Knockhill maybe 4/5, years ago at a bike track night. There were 2 Desmosidici's up there that night. One went on track and he 50p'd it round a couple of times and then off again. It was a willy waving excercise no doubt in my mind about that.

Willy Waving Exercise :glee::glee::glee: Just about confirms it Must have been the Ducati Glasgow boys up at Knockhill that night then

Latest posts

Back