De-cat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been covered. On my'10 there was a comparison between the headers from Akro and BMW, transpires that there was no difference/gains so bought an AR de-cat conversion which was no problem. On my '15 I decided to go down a similar route, had the cats cut out and replaced with straight through pipes. I kept the rear exhaust valve because of the static noise test + keeping the same size outlet. (plus worked out a lot cheaper with great results) :)

So on your 10 you just cut the cats out and replaced with straight through pipes? what did you do with the sensor in the exhaust? I really wanna decat mine at the cheapest way possible but stuck with how to go about it.

So on your 10 you just cut the cats out and replaced with straight through pipes? what did you do with the sensor in the exhaust? I really wanna decat mine at the cheapest way possible but stuck with how to go about it.

Cut as pic with an AR link pipe and can. Fitted pcv, unplugged the sensors and dyno mapped

Attachments

• arcs.jpg
    arcs.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 95
  • s1k side on.jpg
    s1k side on.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I cut the same as the pic and hacked out the cats using a large diameter drill to make several passes through the material to break it down then it just gives up after a while. Using a decat sleeve makes track days a lottery as it makes the db reading too high, so I bought a couple of exhaust sleeves off eBay and rejoined it.
benefit is you have some baffling left in the standard end box and you can use a peg on the exhaust flap just after the end can to act as a baffle for static noise testing. I just remove the peg once tested!

Noise Testing

You do realise the pressure that our race circuits are under when it comes to noise abatement issues and the fines imposed upon them when they breach local government noise restrictions. Static noise testing is there for a purpose and each time a bike fails to meet the drive-by limits on track the local authority is automatically notified. If the sound meters are triggered too many times on a given trackday fines are then issued to the circuit operators. This in turn increases the cost for all of us and limits the number of trackdays available each year.

You do realise the pressure that our race circuits are under when it comes to noise abatement issues and the fines imposed upon them when they breach local government noise restrictions. Static noise testing is there for a purpose and each time a bike fails to meet the drive-by limits on track the local authority is automatically notified. If the sound meters are triggered too many times on a given trackday fines are then issued to the circuit operators. This in turn increases the cost for all of us and limits the number of trackdays available each year.

Spot on. Noisy exhausts are ruining trackdays. At Anglesey we lost a session as the rolling hour noise levels were too high.

I don't know if this has been covered already but when I was noise tested yesterday at 5k rpm on a stock '16 the reading was 97.4, the guys were concerned about running the bikes at Mallory where they said the limit was 97.

Can anyone hold the 5,500/6000 rpm easily? I find it so difficult, a mm of travel seems to go from 4000-7000, even in Rain mode.

Can anyone hold the 5,500/6000 rpm easily? I find it so difficult, a mm of travel seems to go from 4000-7000, even in Rain mode.

I find the same issue with the hp4. When I went to do the test on the 3rd gen bike yesterday, straight away it held at 5k perfectly in race mode, took me by surprise as I usually take a few seconds to get the throttle to the right revs.

Silverstone sound meter's trigger a camera photo of your bike. This is why i love Spain with NO noise limits....

Come to knockhill lads. iv ran my bike round there with the AR system open and not a wond was said

Latest posts

Back