Dan Moto decat for S1000RR 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innes311

Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen

Looking for your expert advice,

Will the Dan Moto decat pipe listed as 2012-2014 fit my 2016 S1000RR ? Has the 2015-2016 got a different pipe to the 2014 ?

Cheers
Chris

Catalysts

On the 2015/16 model it's worth noting that there is very little to be gained by removing the catalysts. The standard exhaust system is fairly free flowing anyway as the catalysts are unrestrictive.

How does it get round emmisions rys? If my 2014 needed a 12 kg cat to bring emissions down, how is the 15/16 different?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How does it get round emmisions rys? If my 2014 needed a 12 kg cat to bring emissions down, how is the 15/16 different?

Replaced the cats on my '15 but kept the rear valve for noise testing, it shuts around 3.5k and reads 97db on the meter. Emissions aren't checked at the moment. I guess the 15/16 engine has been designed with euro 4? 5? in mind needing less input with the cats...

Aghhh ok that sounds feesable

Re: Catalysts

On the 2015/16 model it's worth noting that there is very little to be gained by removing the catalysts. The standard exhaust system is fairly free flowing anyway as the catalysts are unrestrictive.
What about weight Rys?

BMW HP Race Power Kit

Having weighed the Akrapovič HP and OEM exhaust systems for reference the weight comparison is below. Overall it resulted in a significant 5.9 Kg weight saving.

Akrapovič HP Race Titanium Full System: 4.9 Kg
OEM Exhaust System: 10.8 Kg

Re: BMW HP Race Power Kit

Also if you run race bodywork the standard cat burns a nice hole in the fiberglass as it's quite close to the bodywork and get's bloody hot!

Re: BMW HP Race Power Kit

Also if you run race bodywork the standard cat burns a nice hole in the fiberglass as it's quite close to the bodywork and get's bloody hot!
I have a modified crc bellypan for when I was running the cats if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
alpha Racing

alpha Racing fairings also come with a warning that they are only to be used with a full race exhaust and not the OEM system.

Latest posts

Back