Croft 20th/21st

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you have a good one, Stuart. Weather not looking great this week - take care if wet.
Howdy Rob, how's things ?... tell me about it, I've just woke up freezing in my van..had to pull on my undersuit gear there..the weather was really nice yesterday too..hope it stays dry...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Stuart, not been warmest year so far! Glad you are getting use of your new van. Hope it stays dry for you today. Which one of your bikes have you got with you?

Note to self - dont go anywhere bikey when Stuartb is going.

Up to yesterday the weather in Yorkshire has been pretty decent. Hardly a drop of rain yesterday, warm, late teens, sun out. Freezing today and very wet, and tomorrow too I believe.

Saturday is looking dry, when you going back to Glasgow (and btw I thought you were all kept in some weird local lockdown?).

My HP4 Rob....

Well the gaffers word is accurate its absolutely hammering down just now, I'm tucked up in my kip.. bought one of these and running an extension from one of the garages, wow what a great wee heater...

Van is nice and cosy, 24 quid from Argos, had ordered it at 11am, delivered to Sainsburys Argos at 4pm, nicked in and picked it up...

Today was a washout, red flagged on 3rd lap of 1st sesh.. someone bit the dust.. Next, got right on it on the 2nd, 4 laps in someone else bit the dust.. Red [emoji626] again ! . And we'll that was it, the weather turned.. hung about all day, most of the punters just disappeared thereafter.. there's 3 guys and a bird from Peterhead and two Welsh guys and a bird here.. I met the Scottish guys last year.. so been having a good bit of chat with them, they've all hung about like me hoping tomorrow will clear up.. which I doubt [emoji848]

So 7 laps today and likely none tomorrow ! .. nightmare. I'm online buying stuff which is my Therapy... Where's best for a potentiometer ? On a positive note I've just sold an fairly expensive open razor and one of my frags out of my collection for 255 bangers.. that'll cover some of the cost !..

f7b6479d729dde3f83dc25fb119190c4.jpg
c1e9969d5a25af8b3eba78080e69d54b.jpg

Last edited:
Snetterton was the similar at the weekend. Session starts, session red flagged. Last session of the day, the driest, I think I was largely on my own, they'd all given up and run off.

Heater is a good call, I tried sleeping in a van without one and it's a survival job!

Hope today is fairing better.

Hi Stuart, sorry just seen this thread. I was at croft yesterday and today, apart from 2 great dry sessions yesterday, was very wet to say the least! Was good this morning to get out and to see how good the electronics work in the rain, too intrusive at anything above 3 I reckon, but very safe. Safe journey home!

Hello mate, I clocked the Grey Beemer, never realised it was you or I'd have came over for a chat. I'm guessing you were in the garages next to the Marshalls office or the ones closer to the tyre guys bit.

Yesterday was a washout, this morning wasn't great tbh.. I nipped down to the shops early doors to take my "fantastic" wee heater back to Argos !.. turns out it was intermittently switching on and off during the night (not the thermostat before anyone jumps in or power supply).. It was lasting long enough to take the nip out of the air though.. I'll buy another for sure as I'm at Cadwell next month, hopefully I won't need it but you never know with our weather..according to AGM it pisses wherever I go lol.. he could be right !

I never rode today, my heart just wasn't in it by the time I came back rom the supermarket, the track was still soaked but definitely rideable with the right gear, so I bolted around mid day, what I did learn today is that I need a set of rims and wet tyres, had a good chat with the Peterhead boys about wets and that was very informative, wet guys and one girl were hammering round and still having fun, (there's a joke in there somewhere, anyone thinking wet girl ?) slightly annoyed with my lack of knowledge surrounding these things I decided on the way home that should be an imminent purchase. The tyre guy had some but they were all sold in advance.

It did start to dry out and a bit of heat was getting through although 2 miles away from the track it stared hammering down again, so I'm not sure what the circuit was like after I left ?

Oh.. met a load pf people, a guy Damien Fritter was there on an RSV.. he was super quick, his old man had some vids of races he was in..looked as though he knew what he was doing for sure, met another Cat I garaged with last year, he's doing the NC500 next month so we swapped numbers, I'll catch up with him and his mates when they pass by my place.. it's a good scene this track riding, you turn up not knowing anyone then by the end of your day you've another 20 new Pals

Soooooooo..... anyone selling rims for my bike ? if so gies a shout... I'm away to browse on here and the Web...

S

Last edited:
Snetterton was the similar at the weekend. Session starts, session red flagged. Last session of the day, the driest, I think I was largely on my own, they'd all given up and run off.

Heater is a good call, I tried sleeping in a van without one and it's a survival job!

Hope today is fairing better.
No doubt you will read my "report" lol

The oil heater is a good shout, and doesn't dry the air like of those fan heaters which are annoyingly noisy too.. I can't remember where, either Cadwell or Croft last year and it was absolutely freezing at night.. they don't take up a lot of space tbh.. a more permanent answer is one of the diesel heater things.. think I'll look into that during the off season..

Hi Stuart, sorry that the track time was a bit if a washout, but sounds like ?the craic? was good. An extra set of rims with wets sounds like a good idea for UK track days.

Hope your Caldwell trip is better.

PS Shame that the wee electric heater was defective. If it was me I?d steer clear of a diesel heater- potential risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Hi Stuart, sorry that the track time was a bit if a washout, but sounds like ?the craic? was good. An extra set of rims with wets sounds like a good idea for UK track days.

Hope your Caldwell trip is better.

PS Shame that the wee electric heater was defective. If it was me I?d steer clear of a diesel heater- potential risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Spare rims are definitely the way to go Rob and the craic was definitely good.....coincidentally I've just this minute been running that very thing through my head.. as in the potential issues with CO, not sure the heaters are meant to be used when your sleeping, CO being the silent killer.

I've a dozen portable Monoxide alarms in the back of my car that I use for my rentals, I was thinking if I did fit a diesel heater I'd place two of them in the van (one as back up).. logical thinking mind you says I might be best sticking with electric..

Yesterday I was looking at very slimline models that I could attach to one of the panel walls, I never seen any that appeared satisfactory so opted for this Daewoo 800w model from Toolstation, similar dimensions to the one I had but twice the output..

8535192be0af0704d6d1a4eb62cd6a78.jpg

Last edited:
Good call Stuart. Think the oil filled ones are a marginally safer (less fire risk) but slower to warm up an area.

Thought you?d be aware of CO from property rentals.
Also a problem in leisure (camping / boats). Generators/heaters etc. Those disposable BBQs can be deadly if used inside (or brought inside when ?out?).

It's a small area Rob, so shouldn't take too long to warm up.

An ultra slimline panel Rad wall hung would be the answer but can't see anything appropriate.

Jeez, thus wee thing packs a fair punch.. some difference over that 400w. Plugged it in and left it in one of my back offices, lovely and warm in a few minutes ..

20 quid from Toolstation...

8864f63da358ed8006fddd7ed925720b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back