Chain Recs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard a lot of our friends over the pond talk about the ek 3d chain. After doing some research they are as good as they get. Very very strong , light and dam good looking. You cant buy over here so i had to get one sent from america. Ive had it on for 1 day at silverstone and 3 days at aragon. Zero stretch and still looks great
6baa89be859e0ac8b6e8d55743c8af85.jpg
1633c34db1c3f55330f36ff0e577a26a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can only say I've never had a problem with oe chains and sprockets, mind you I don't do the mileage that some of you do. 8k on my 1st bm (5yrs original chain and sprockets) 12mnths into my '15 which is mainly track. Rather anal with cleaning it though, look after it and it will look after you....

If it's any use: my '64 gen 2 blitzed the OE sprockets and chain by my 12k service... only one winter and they were toast.

I've been on a DC gold chain from performance parts UK and it's stood up really well and rarely needs adjusting. I'm just over 34k now and there's now a sign of a stiff link taping through the pegs.. I've got Renthal front and SuperSprok rear going on for Xmas with another DC chain t'boot.

That should see me for another 30k i recon.

Can only say I've never had a problem with oe chains and sprockets, mind you I don't do the mileage that some of you do. 8k on my 1st bm (5yrs original chain and sprockets) 12mnths into my '15 which is mainly track. Rather anal with cleaning it though, look after it and it will look after you....

I clean my chain monthly and usually not a problem with them but with 3200miles on the clock the chain is about fully adjusted so need replacing maybe im just a bit heavy handed on the old throttle lol

that doesn't sound good, are you lubing it as well as cleaning it? _ I would expect that sort of milage in a weeks tour with just spray once a day and no adjustment, the back tyre should last that long!

that doesn't sound good, are you lubing it as well as cleaning it? _ I would expect that sort of milage in a weeks tour with just spray once a day and no adjustment, the back tyre should last that long!

Yeah i use Wurth dry chain lube, Ive never had this issue with my blades just the BM chain isn't far off its full adjustment now, Sprockets look ok though, i read posts on here before with people saying the same, so now winter has draw in going to change.

I used a DID zvm with supersprox which I hope will last. I had a renthal alloy rear, with one of their chains fitted by previous owner - did 12000 miles with just lubing and adjusting at tyre changes, plus what previous owner did (4000?)- anyway once the anodising went on rear sprocket, the teeth just disappeared at an alarming rate - hence steel supersprox this time

I clean my chain monthly and usually not a problem with them but with 3200miles on the clock the chain is about fully adjusted so need replacing maybe im just a bit heavy handed on the old throttle lol

Do mine at the end of the day, 15mins-20mins? Also use wurth dry lube.

Last edited:
Im cleaned and lubed every sat or sunday

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back