Chain adjusters

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted lightech chain adjusters to their 15?
Not sure if the previous ones fit as I can only see them listed for up to 2014 models.

Thanks,I wasn't sure they would fit from previous years. Think I'll play it safe with the black ones but the red does looks pretty good too.
Judging by the play in the chain already I think they would be a worthwhile piece of kit.

I'm Paul, Colin snaffled your AR exhaust. :eek:nthego:

Hello Paul,

Yes, sorry, he approached first and we have been able to make a deal we are both happy with.

I have ordered the Akrapovic Evolution system, it should be here tomorrow :)

I have the Bonamici racing rearsets, they are really good at the track because I went for the high abrasion footrests, no way are your feet slipping off those, however, for the road, I would like more adjustment, I probably should have gone for the HP rearsets.

Regarding the chain, although the OE chain is a DID, I don't feel it is a very high quality part, I have replaced mine with an AFAM gold 520 pitch and also changed the gearing to 16/44 or 16/46

Lol I'm only messing :chuncky:

Ive read 2 different opinions about the HP Rearsets which have fixed footpegs.
One side say to get hinged footpegs so that if the bike slides it won't dig in and flip the bike, while others say get fixed pegs to act as another slider.
Whats the thoughts of all the track day guys?
I think the Tyco bikes have the HP Rearsets?

Hi Loupe,

I would always go for fixed footrests as the feel is better, if you crash, the footpegs will break or the mounting plates will break, hopefully without bending the frame.

As far as I know, the HP rearsets have an adjustable pivot so they have a range of up/down adjustment.

The Tyco bikes are using ValterMoto, certainly their show bike was at the NEC last year, also, the race bikes I saw at Donington on the BMW trackday had Valtermoto rearsets.

I would not see a team like TAS paying out for factory fit parts as I believe they have a deal with the vendor above.

As I said, I am happy with the Bonamici for the track, just would like more adjustment for the road, but I will probably stick with what I have now, as there are other priorities ;-)

I use flip ups, 1/ if they touch they won't lift the bike up, 2/if you lay it down nothing should break and it helps not to flip the bike Plus you should have case savers fitted

That's a good reply for each option.
I think I'm going to find that there's an argument for and against each type of footpeg.
I wonder why BMW went for the fixed peg option on the HP Rearsets?
Was it because they have a win, win either way. You either trash the bike or have to buy new Rearsets from them anyway.

Latest posts

Back