Can you rekey a standard lock cylinder?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ta JimmyMac

Good tip. I went with BeMoto and updates to details are free to do so no reason not to really.
Bertie, when you have finished with the colour change and mods send a picture of it to your insurance company and make sure you tell them it is purely cosmetic and not anything to do with performance or braking system.

They will most likely not charge for any additional info to be added but in the event of a claim they will most definitely try to refuse to pay out if you haven't told them. A joiner that works for me was last year refused insurance as the van he bought was white on DVLA records but had been painted black by the dealer before he bought it, they point blank refused to cover him despite the fact he had a clean licence loads of no claims and had been with them for years.

I always email my insurance company with any colour change and mods and always receive a positive response from them, the only stipulation they make is in the event of a claim they would put panels back on the bike that are original BMW colours.

Bike looks great by the way.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back