Cam Chain

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoke to BMW today, they actually make 2 Cam Tensioner bolts, the standard factory fitted and a new one to be fitted at 18,000 mile service which is longer.

Obviously they don't recommend a manual but also said they don't recommend fitting the longer bolt in mine until closer to 18,000. Been told to put up with it sounding like a bag of shite.

anyone has the part number for this longer part please?

Just had my downpipes replaced at chester motorrad Foc under warranty, I thought it was the cam chain and so did they, after changing the tensioner 3 times they decided to look at the flappers in the downpipes. I have a set of downpipes with 8 miles on if anyone needs some? As I'm converting to a race bike, as soon as I got home I took them off and put a akrapovic full system on. PM me

Ive had the same problem horrible noise on the start up and sometimes even when riding it can be heard, Took it to BMW dealer in Sunderland who after having the bike 4 days told me its exhaust butterflys and has he said its COSMETIC , I run an Austin Racing with the decat on the bike , I am taking the bike to a mate on Sunday who races bikes for a living and said he can remove the butterfly completely which will not make the bike as smooth running which I dont want t he will try to solve It for me once and for all , So hopefully by the weekend I may have a few answers to this problem

Back