Cadwell

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mistake. I thought you meant the BMW club day yesterday. It was a warm one and a very rare crash fest. Lots of red flags which was disappointing for Rob and everyone else.

There were a lot of silly moves being made. I think the heat was getting to people and they were losing concentration. I had a rider go straight on at Mansfield. Didn?t even brake, just rolled straight up past the marshall post without even a hint that they might turn in.

I originally thought it was a very experimental line. Glad I didn?t follow haha.

Mmm. I'm at Cadwell next month and I was thinking of taking my new bike which has as a race fit exhaust and that was tested at Castle Combe recently.. 99db at 5400, 103 at 5600. I'm presuming that the test at Cadwell is 102 DB at 5500 in which case I still think I'll be fine.... assuming you got on ok with 103 DB

Last edited:
Hi guys Cadwell today was so hot and draining saw two forum boys nice to meet you
dropped my bike twice while stood didn?t have the strength to hold it up once it went no
damage though hope every one got home safe .

Mmm. I'm at Cadwell next month and I was thinking of taking my new bike which has as a race fit exhaust and that was tested at Castle Combe recently.. 99db at 5400, 103 at 5600. I'm presuming that the test at Cadwell is 102 DB at 5500 in which case I still think I'll be fine.... assuming you got on ok with 103 DB

when next month? Guessing just the can?? I'm there 1st & 2nd

Some little bits of paint fron something but been in and rubbed with
a bit of turps came straight of end can a little scuffed but use racefit
most of time so all good only did three sessions 2 were for coaching well
worth it terrible ride home bike was that hot burnt my leg through leathers
will have more sense next time so wife says

when next month? Guessing just the can?? I'm there 1st & 2nd

It's the 22nd. Not a proper track day as such, HRT rider training day, although I believe there is free lapping in the afternoon. It's my first time on track since my accident last Oct, and never mind that I am not really fully fit/bike-fit, my arm/ankle are still a long way from recovered, so just interested to see how long I last. I do want to try the new bike on track (yes just an end can), but might chicken out and take the older one, as it'll be slightly less annoying/expensive if I drop it...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back