Cadwell was a washout :-(

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
Forecast said it was due to stop raining at 4pm, wasn't due on track until 5.30 so went down with a bit of optimism.....
To cut a long story short, it pissed down till gone 5 and there were rivers and standing water all over the circuit, i didn't ride!
I went to enjoy myself and there was no way i was going to enjoy that esp on the well worn metzlers my S1 is currently sporting, watched some of the end of the day session and there were plenty of lads on full wets binning it everywhere. At least it was only £39 and i still have my pride & joy in one piece ::)

What a bummer :( I was there Saturday & Sunday watching Hottrax motorsport Round 5 (endurance on Saturday ) and few spots of rain Saturday and got sunburnt Sunday 8)

What a summer!!!????

Parley Waller link=topic=1135.msg10411#msg10411 date=1342470591 said:
What a bummer :( I was there Saturday & Sunday watching Hottrax motorsport Round 5 (endurance on Saturday ) and few spots of rain Saturday and got sunburnt Sunday 8)

What a summer!!!????
I know! i did the highlands last week and have only just dried out... the gear is back on the line now. I think i've done 6-700 wet miles in the last week :mad: Can live with it on the road but defo not for me on track, esp somewhere as front end'y as Cadwell, TC ain't gonna save most crashes there!

Unlucky John, proper lottery this summer trying to get some track time in. Got my fingers crossed for Thursday, but it ain't looking good at the moment. :(

Dartanion link=topic=1135.msg10413#msg10413 date=1342471806 said:
Unlucky John, proper lottery this summer trying to get some track time in. Got my fingers crossed for Thursday, but it ain't looking good at the moment. :(
Yeah its the way it goes this yr, annoying but not worth risking the bike for. Went with a mate on an 1198 who has raced there more than i have had hot dinners and he wouldn't go out!
On the plus side im already looking at booking the next one and Thurs is looking much better weather wise :)

Totally agree that it is not worth risking the bike, especially at Cadwell which when really wet can be lethal and real easy to lose the front.

Hope you are right about Thursday - will def be doing my version of the sun dance on Wednesday evening ;D

Latest posts

Back