C-Bow Panniers on a 2015

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyf

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
...or not as the case may be.

Whilst I understand that the idea of putting practical luggage on a S1000RR might not appeal to everyone, being able to pack enough for a 9 day trip to Spain, without spending half an hour every day fashioning a complex and ultimately futile system from bungee cords and throwover panniers - which results in destroying a top and a pair of trainers and fouling the rear wheel - has its attractions.

I particularly liked the idea of C-Bow panniers. Obviously the frame is somewhat fugly, but can be removed in a couple of minutes, and attaching the panniers to the bike is simplicity itself. Compared to hard panniers on touring bikes, the panniers aren't exactly massive, but I won't be riding a touring bike, and the size is a compromise I can easily live with.

My biggest concern is that there is no model specifically for the 2015+ S1000RR, and the stock exhaust is far higher/more upswept than previous years. So, before deciding to buy, I emailed the UK supplier - Moto-Bins to confirm that they would fit and not have issues with the exhaust. They confirmed that they would fit, so I ordered them 11 days ago.

Today they arrived. I had nothing to do which couldn't be put off, so I decided to fit them and then take them for a nice test ride as it's such a lovely day. I was slightly concerned that the removable brackets replaced the pillion pegs, but I wasn't particularly likely to be carrying a pillion while carrying the panniers, so that's another compromise I can live with. As it would only take a few minutes to remove the brackets and replace the pillion pegs, it was a small compromise.

Then I fitted the frame.

The C-Bow barely cleared the exhaust. I couldn't see how the pannier could possibly fit.

I was right (pannier resting on top of exhaust pipe, several inches too high to locate onto C-Bow.

So, if you've got a 2015+ S1000RR with stock exhaust and want C-Bow panniers - tough, they don't fit. And if you want to know whether something will fit, don't bother asking Moto-Bins, they just lie.

Last edited:
Very annoying, clearly they were cuffing it..assume your sending back rather than spending ?600 on an AR GP1 stubby can Andy?!

Yup. After seeing Soof 'negotiate' his way through a noise test with a standard Akro at Snetterton, I'm not planning on getting a smaller/louder can anytime soon.

Thanks for the write up Andy and sorry to read that the panniers don't work. If you do decide to go with soft panniers after all as a temporary fix, I have a pair of Hein gerick ones you'd be welcome to borrow :).

Not a good start for your planned trip, at least you still have time to make alternative arrangements.
I take it you can return them?

Thanks for the offer Andy, but I've just ordered a set a Blaze panniers (a model specifically for the 2015+). Failing that my partially melted Oxford soft panniers are still repairable/serviceable, but the bike isn't really suited to standard throw-overs. Failing that, I can put my Kriega US30 and US20 on the pillion seat and fight them for the rider's seat.

We're not going until June 18th, so plenty of time (as long as I don't leave untested solutions until the last minute).

Moto-bins are going to arrange for them to be collected and refunded. Their excuse is that H&B state that it fits 2012 onwards - well anyone can see that it says 2012+ on the description, but as the description pre-dates the 2015 model, that's a pretty sloppy excuse.

I am very sorry about this but this is news to us. Hepco & Becker state this fits all models 2012 onwards but I can clearly see this is not the case now. The exhaust was changed on the 2015 model which is where the problem is. I have now amended our website to show this only fits 2012 ? 2014.

If you could package the items back up and let me know when they are available for collection I will have these collected from you and give you a full refund.

Once again sorry for the trouble.

Last edited:
I've went for the Hepco & Becker replacement for the pillion pad for tail packs. They fit spot on and as I already had a pillion pad I didn't need to buy the lock. It keeps the tail packs from damaging the paint work. There's a thread on here about them , I got after seeing 2002sportevo recommend it.

I've had an epiphany. I was going about this luggage malarkey all wrong. All I need to do is plan ahead and post all my stuff to wherever I'm going. And get different colour boots apparently.

Latest posts

Back