Buying a used Gen 4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last July I bought a ex demo Sport exactly the same as the one you are looking at.
The saving over the M was a draw for me especially since it came with everything bar the carbon wheels .
Although from a ?bling? perspective the carbon wheels are lovely , from a performance perspective personally I doubt I would be able to capitalise on them .
Enjoy whichever one you choose

I do agree and it?s not like I?m chasing lap times. Overall weight is apparently the same as the carbon rims run a thicker brake rotor. Obviously less rotational mass is a bonus with carbon. But I?d rather the durability of a forged wheel.

The Sport with the Performance Pack (Forged Rims) comes with the thicker brake disc just as the M Sport, there's no difference there. This is confirmed on the BMW site when speccing the bike up. As I understand it from some YouTubers I follow, there's basically negligible weight difference between Carbon and the Forged wheels, there's one video where the forged came out lighter! Will see if I can find the vid.

The Sport with the Performance Pack (Forged Rims) comes with the thicker brake disc just as the M Sport, there's no difference there. This is confirmed on the BMW site when speccing the bike up. As I understand it from some YouTubers I follow, there's basically negligible weight difference between Carbon and the Forged wheels, there's one video where the forged came out lighter! Will see if I can find the vid.

I have read and heard exactly the same in a few difference places. So overall weight saving is marginally and i would prefer the robust nature of Forged wheels. Which is funny because I work in the Carbon Composite industry, however i know where it excels and where it doesn't.

Don't forget to get RS2E map as the first mode once you buy it

Don't shoot me for being lazy with the search function, but was is an RS2E map?

Don't shoot me for being lazy with the search function, but was is an RS2E map?

ECU flash created by German tuners who work for IDM teams. It modifies TC and wheelie controls. Adds Fuel Cut traction control which is more reactive and makes it audible. If it's track bike, it's second best option after M RCK kit.

ECU flash created by German tuners who work for IDM teams. It modifies TC and wheelie controls. Adds Fuel Cut traction control which is more reactive and makes it audible. If it's track bike, it's second best option after M RCK kit.

Oh that sounds very interesting and will look into. Well I went ahead, seemed like a no brainer at the price to go for the Sport. Now i am going to have a lot of Gen 3 parts for sale as the bike is going back to stock :)

Oh yes you can see. Is that you riding? It?s impressive. I?m at Donny the end of the month. First time there, first time with FE, plus its now going to be on a new bike. Should prove interesting.

Oh yes you can see. Is that you riding? It?s impressive. I?m at Donny the end of the month. First time there, first time with FE, plus its now going to be on a new bike. Should prove interesting.

I might be there, havent booked yet but thinking

He went for the sport so assuming red Jas

look for YTC

Last edited:
Yep... most demos were red sports or the m sport. Hockenheim was only out late last year from nec really...

Last edited:
Tinted screen... sos and cowl and perf pack! Nice options! When u collecting?

oh cool! Yeah I?m there Saturday. (If they changed me over).As Marc has mentioned it?s the Sport in red. Love the silver but to new and out of budget. I like a deal and someone?s cast offs ;)

oh cool! Yeah I?m there Saturday. (If they changed me over).As Marc has mentioned it?s the Sport in red. Love the silver but to new and out of budget. I like a deal and someone?s cast offs ;)

Awesome, well I will look out for you mate, mine is Red too :D

Confirmed, I am booked for Saturday! Definitely keep an eye out for you. I will be unloading out of a stinky old Vito haha.

Haha, don't worry mate, I'll be riding there and riding back, I'm only about 40mins away from Donny so it's not too bad.

Hi Schuey I?m only down the road from Donny and have my first trackday on the sport on the 23rd. I was thinking about hiring a van so i could take a genny for tyre warmers and a kettle.

Back