BMW S 1000rr rear seat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo

Reaction score
Hi
I have the sport version which as most will be aware doesn't come with rear footrest or pillion seat pad. Rather strange in my option as they are pretty fundamental to the bike, that said I kind of understand why they've created the sport focus and omitted them.

Does anybody know if the seat pad - like most bikes - simply replaces the seat cowl, without adaptation ? I hope the previous model years fit and I can locate a pad on eBay as I only require it to fasten my tailpack onto.
Many thanks.

Hi Rizzo

I had an 2015 S1000R Sport (naked version) before upgrading and can confirm that there is a fixing kit required to make the change from the standard rear seat to the seat cowl on BOTH bikes. The reason for this is the cowl actually sits higher than the seat - which is why it always looks like the cowl does not fit flush.

Personally I would not take anyone pillion on my new S1000RR unless it was an emergency but I am sure you can get both the seat and fixing kit from BMW (or eBay).

Asif

You would need to either transfer the lock mechanism from the cowl to the pillion seat, or get a new one. Other than that, the pillion seat simply replaces the cowl.

You would need to either transfer the lock mechanism from the cowl to the pillion seat, or get a new one. Other than that, the pillion seat simply replaces the cowl.

Yes you are right - but for some reason that change of lock mechanism lifts the fit slightly of the cowl to not sit as flush as the seat

I had an S1000R comfort pillion seat fitted to my previous SKRR which is now fitted to my '15RR, just swap the lock from your cowl to the seat - 2 min job. Don't forget you'll need footrests as well, the ones fitted to the '12 - '14RR are exactly the same as the '15 bike, the earlier model pillion rests fit as well but the hangers are more box section in appearance and have a black gloss finish that doesn't quite look in keeping. I've also got a Renntec grab rail fitted to mine as Mrs Mac loves to go on the back, it looks fine, is much more comfortable for rider and pillion and doesnt upset the handling etc of the bike as it does if you have a pillion clinging on to you like a limpet

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm in for first service tomorrow so will have a chat to BMW, I need a seat for my trip not fussed about the pegs.

Latest posts

Back