BMW M series gps lap trigger set

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
What?s the cost for the activation code and having the activation code enabled via diagnostic port?

I?m trying to work out cost and whether it?s worth while getting versus just using the Aim Solo 2 that I have. I see it?s roughly ?650 for the set up itself but no mention of the cost involving the activation code.

BMW M GPS Laptrigger Set

The Activation Code is 77 53 1 687 586. The cost is around ?100 including labour (30 minutes) to install it via the diagnostic port but is usually negotiable. Make sure your BMW dealer orders the code at least 24 hours prior to installing it as it has to be registered and matched to your VIN on the BMW system first. The kit and datalogger is well worth the cost and once activated lap times will be displayed on your dash when on track.

Re: BMW M GPS Laptrigger Set

The Activation Code is 77 53 1 687 586. The cost is around ?100 including labour (30 minutes) to install it via the diagnostic port but is usually negotiable. Make sure your BMW dealer orders the code at least 24 hours prior to installing it as it has to be registered and matched to your VIN on the BMW system first. The kit and datalogger is well worth the cost and once activated lap times will be displayed on your dash when on track.

Thanks for that Ryan.

BMW M GPS Laptrigger Set

No problem. The BMW kit is really good and the datalogger is superb once you understand the 2D software. Whilst the AiM Solo 2 is also good, I personally dislike having anything mounted on the yokes and prefer to utilise the dash.

If the Aim Solo2 is the DL addition you're only really gaining that dash integration.
If its not a DL then at least you gain datalogging too.

AiM

If the Aim Solo2 is the DL addition you're only really gaining that dash integration. If its not a DL then at least you gain datalogging too.

That and the costs are pretty similar when you compare the AiM and BMW prices.

BMW M GPS Laptrigger Set

The BMW dash is brilliant so it makes sense to use it fully. The only negative about the Laptrigger Kit is that it needs to be activated by BMW before you can use it so it isn?t really plug and play. That said installation is really easy so definitely do it yourself rather than paying BMW.

Utilising the dash and not having to mount the Aim Solo 2 is really what I?m after as it?s a pain in the arse.
[emoji106] its what I did on the Gen3. Worked a treat.

Get a dashboard protecting case whilst you're at it.

Yeah fitting will be easy just annoying you have to use them for the activation. I?ll probably just sell the Aim Solo 2 and put the money towards purchasing this.

If you get the activation code done first, then install the kit, do you need BMW to do anything after that?

Also, is there any chance of it impacting the ECU flash that?s already been done?

Thanks

BMW M GPS Laptrigger Set

If you get the activation code done first, then install the kit, do you need BMW to do anything after that?

As long as the activation code has been installed and enabled by BMW then the kit should work once plugged in.

Also, is there any chance of it impacting the ECU flash that?s already been done? Thanks

No idea. You would need to speak to whoever flashed your ECU about any potential issues.

Latest posts

Back