BMW customer service – appalling, unlucky or acceptable??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BONEY link=topic=964.msg9279#msg9279 date=1340232904 said:
Once i get bike back (if ?) think i will plan major attack to try & get some sort of compo ,but prob be waste of time .
Hi Boney, I would start the negotiations Now! Imo I think you have more clout while the Bike is off the road, ask for the World and see what they say.

Good Luck

Phil

phil link=topic=964.msg9282#msg9282 date=1340263460 said:
BONEY link=topic=964.msg9279#msg9279 date=1340232904 said:
Once i get bike back (if ?) think i will plan major attack to try & get some sort of compo ,but prob be waste of time .
Hi Boney, I would start the negotiations Now! Imo I think you have more clout while the Bike is off the road, ask for the World and see what they say.

Phil, Boney,
I tried talking compo several times during the 3 months off road but their strict rule (and I do appreciate it), is that the whole saga has to be over with, eg, it's back on the road.

SO, I got the bike back yesterday (Hooray....God it's luvly....but raining), and now I shall do a full frontal attack for Compo ridge! I'm quite prepared to ring the UK CEO if that's what it takes, so time will tell.

I'll keep you informed of progress.

Jules

Jules, thats good info regarding them waiting for the saga to be over i will be going after them, questions ignored not just answered ineffectively. Be sure to let us know how you get on mate

Hi Jamie,
Will ,do..

I'm going to start with the financial loss associated with it, eg 3 months tax, insurance, BMW warrantee, which in total is £150, then inconvenience, then the fact that I had to argue to get priority delivery of bits, then their attitude of arguing why their not at fault before knowing even what bit was required.

Keep me posted on yours, it could be a long fight.... :-\

Right, this is what I got from BMW for a 3 months period for fixing by bike.

Loss of - tax, BMW warranty, insurance, a further years warranty, and a mirror repair, totaling £475....

I had to really fight for that as well, I think they have a lot of practice at negotiation.

Jules

Jules link=topic=964.msg9540#msg9540 date=1340718979 said:
Right, this is what I got from BMW for a 3 months period for fixing by bike.

Loss of - tax, BMW warranty, insurance, a further years warranty, and a mirror repair, totaling £475....

I had to really fight for that as well, I think they have a lot of practice at negotiation.

Jules
But Jules, are you Happy with you got?

Good question Phil, now I'm thinking...YES or No YES or NO, dumdydardedum........OK!

The answers NO

If they'd offered it to me without me fighting to get it, with unreserved apologies, I'd say the answer would have been a reluctant YES But they didn't and I feel unloved :'( and the affair is on the rocks.

Jules

hi jules, did you negotiate via e mail? my bike in at the mo. think i may have cocked up initally by admitting i used the bike, it was part of my complaint saying i couldnt get a straight answer about if it was safe to use or not. so may not be able to go down the insurance/tax route. As ever the dealership have been great and were pissed off when i told them bmw had tried to lay the blame for lack of info at their door. they also gave me a loan bike to get around on. Dealership also told me i was right to complain because they have only recieved parts for one bike with instructions to do mine. they have no idea when they will get the parts for others still waiting.

Hi Alps,
I really don't know, it broke when I touched it, but I'd say it was a long term degradation of the hindge..

Jamie,
I had to wait till I had the bike back before I could talk compo, then I set my case out in an Email addressed to [email protected] but with the persons name in the title block (they aren't allowed their own Emails), then chased the arse off em threatening to send it to Tony Abbott the CEO.

PS Say NO to their first offer whatever it is. I would have liked to say no twice but I weakened and wanted the whole thing over with.. good luck buddy!

Jules

Latest posts

Back